No ribbon just old toolbars in 2010

hyposmurf

How do I revert back to my old toolbars.I tweaked it before and added my toolbars to the cui loading them that way and I also turned the ribbon off using ribbonoff.Is this complete solution?I have also heard that if you change the workspace back to classic this will bring old drop downs back.I like to learn new features but te ribbon just doenst fit with the way I work.I only use a few custom toolbars,but mostly commands so the ribbon is worthless to me,more of a hinderance.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• hyposmurf

• rkmcswain

• alanjt

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently Im not sitting in front of 2010.I was using Architectual 2010 before yes,is the solution different for different versions then?Would be handy to know the solution for Architecture and vanilla to.

Thanks.So it seems with a vertical product you probably wont have a the workspace option, but have to carry out the other tweaks.I had to add my custom toolbars to the cui, is this still the case for vertical products then?

Keep in mind that the Ribbon wasn't introduced until 2009 so any release before that will retain what we now refer to as the "classic" look. Are we talking about Architectural DT 2007?

..so the ribbon is worthless to me,more of a hinderance.

Many people dislike the ribbon, but I think what we are going to find down the road is that new commands will only be added to the Ribbon. Pull-downs and toolbars will exist, but in a deprecated state. Just like the screen menu was phased out...

Keep in mind that the Ribbon wasn't introduced until 2009 so any release before that will retain what we now refer to as the "classic" look. Are we talking about Architectural DT 2007?

I was refering to Architectural 2010

Many people dislike the ribbon, but I think what we are going to find down the road is that new commands will only be added to the Ribbon. Pull-downs and toolbars will exist, but in a deprecated state. Just like the screen menu was phased out...

I hope not,unless they really improve the ribbon.I found clonky and slow.Another wierd thing that was taken away from 2010 was instant access to the copy with basepoint from the right click menu.As far as I remember you can still get to it but it takes even more clicks,why they changed that seems a little odd.

It's funny how, no matter what Autodesk releases, people will continue to crap on it, wondering why would they ever go with something so stupid?!?!, and yet, the continue to remain true to Autodesk and love on Autocad. Sure the Ribbon was/is a little clunky, but it's the way of the future (of Autocad). In version 09, the Ribbon was Satan, but in 2010, working in Civil 3D is so much easier. The Ribbon steps you right through, only displaying exactly what you need at that given moment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like everything. I still don't use dynamic mode, but I couldn't live w/o mbuttonpan.

I was refering to Architectural 2010

I hope not,unless they really improve the ribbon.I found clonky and slow.Another wierd thing that was taken away from 2010 was instant access to the copy with basepoint from the right click menu.As far as I remember you can still get to it but it takes even more clicks,why they changed that seems a little odd.

I agree, way more clicking now with the ribbon. It also takes up more space on my screen than the classic menu. I also miss the Dashboard, yeah I can almost recreate it with panels but I fail to see how it is an improvement. I guess they went with MS as they were the 1st to go to the ribbon in Office.

It's funny how, no matter what Autodesk releases, people will continue to crap on it, wondering why would they ever go with something so stupid?!?!, and yet, the continue to remain true to Autodesk and love on Autocad. Sure the Ribbon was/is a little clunky, but it's the way of the future (of Autocad). In version 09, the Ribbon was Satan, but in 2010, working in Civil 3D is so much easier. The Ribbon steps you right through, only displaying exactly what you need at that given moment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like everything. I still don't use dynamic mode, but I couldn't live w/o mbuttonpan.

I use AutoCAD and Inventor. In Inventor the Ribbon is great and makes a lot of sense due to the very nature of how Inventor works. In AutoCAD the Ribbon makes no sense to me. I gave it a good go and found I was taking too long and too many clicks to accomplish the same amount of work. Even the simplest changes would not hold in the CUI making it even more frustrating.

In Inventor, Ribbon good. In AutoCAD, Ribbon bad.

In Inventor, Ribbon good. In AutoCAD, Ribbon bad.

At this point, I would tend to agree with this for Civil 3D also. The contextual tabs make all the difference. In general though, the Ribbon is still too "slow"; the reaction between clicks is unacceptable IMO.

Seems to be alot more users unhappy with the ribbon and wanting to return to the previous classic look.Really curious to see what Autodesk do next?Do away with the ribbon or modify it so it works alot better.When I used the ribbon in the past it just seemed slower than hitting in commands or previous toolbar buttons.Even found the layer dialogue box slow and returned that to the older version.Also couldnt modify the colour quickly from the layer properties drop down, which was fustrating.I guess I just like to have as much speed at my fingertips and a clearer screen.

AutoDesk will continue to go the way of the Ribbon because it wants to emmulate Microsoft. We have already witnessed changes to the Ribbon between versions 2009 and 2010 making it easier to customize.

Do as this one-time grumpy Ribbon user did and create your own custom Ribbon with just the commands you use the most often and relegate the standard Ribbon to the back of the broom closet.

Do as this one-time grumpy Ribbon user did and create your own custom Ribbon with just the commands you use the most often

Or just type everything in.. It's still the fastest way... :glare:

I'm starting a rumor that the 2012 version (I know I skipped a year. It's on purpose.) will not accept any keyboard input. That ought to get some heated responses.:twisted:

Or just type everything in.. It's still the fastest way... :glare:

Funny. One of the people we let go this year made that same claim, but it took him much longer to complete even the simple projects. One day he was watching me do my thang, and said "how did you do that so fast?" I simply looked at him and said "I use buttons."

I'm starting a rumor that the 2012 version (I know I skipped a year. It's on purpose.) will not accept any keyboard input. That ought to get some heated responses.:twisted:

Might as well go back to Microstation.

One of the people we let go this year made that same claim, but it took him much longer to complete even the simple projects.
Next time I'm up your way, I'll show you how it's done with the keyboard only... :wink:

JK of course... Everyone has their own way...