Some of My Recent Projects...

Lee Mac

Following the request from JeepMaster, I have updated the code for Dynamic Offset to Version 1.6

As always, your suggestions are welcome :)

Lee

New code can be found here.

Did the subroutine I posted help?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• alanjt

• JeepMaster

• Ringis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Alan,

But I didn't use it in the end - as you can see from the way that I implemented the offset, there is no need to tell which side to offset :) But thank you for your offering.

Lee

Following the request from JeepMaster, I have updated the code for Dynamic Offset to Version 1.6

As always, your suggestions are welcome :)

Lee

New code can be found here.

Thanks so much for doing this Lee. This version works exactly to what I needed. It will help me out a lot at work. You are a great contributor to the lisp forums. I can never thank you enough for the work you put in for helping others out. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for doing this Lee. This version works exactly to what I needed. It will help me out a lot at work. You are a great contributor to the lisp forums. I can never thank you enough for the work you put in for helping others out. :thumbsup:

Thanks JeepMaster, your comments are much appreciated :) I'm glad the program suits your needs and will save you time :)

Thanks Alan,

But I didn't use it in the end - as you can see from the way that I implemented the offset, there is no need to tell which side to offset :) But thank you for your offering.

Lee

Right on, interesting method around all the legwork. :)

Now only if you can make it clean the house, cook for you, do the laundry, it will be perfect...oh wait, it's call a wife.:lol::lol::lol::D:D:D

Daaaaaamn. I'd like to hear you say that around your wife. :wink: Even though mine does all of that, I would never that around her.

Following a suggestion from one of the guys over at theSwamp.org, I have updated the code for the Dynamic Offset to Version 1.7

In this version the user may toggle the option to retain/delete the original objects selected by pressing 'D'.

As always, your comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome :)

Enjoy!

Lee

The New code can be found here.

I'm finding this lisp to be more and more useful. Lee you really should change the preview clip to include polylines instead of just curves/circles. When I first saw the clip, I thought it will only do curves, but it actually does polylines also. This is VERY useful when doing wiring diagram. If I need to add a new set of wires, all I need to do is run the lisp and it will create it the entire length with offset. In the pass, I would have to trace the entire path and make offset lines. Again, THANKS SO MUCH Lee! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I want to buy you a beer, what happen to your donation link?

I'm finding this lisp to be more and more useful. Lee you really should change the preview clip to include polylines instead of just curves/circles. When I first saw the clip, I thought it will only do curves, but it actually does polylines also. This is VERY useful when doing wiring diagram. If I need to add a new set of wires, all I need to do is run the lisp and it will create it the entire length with offset. In the pass, I would have to trace the entire path and make offset lines. Again, THANKS SO MUCH Lee! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I want to buy you a beer, what happen to your donation link?

You're very welcome Jeep - Its great to know that my program is saving you time (and lowering stress levels :P ), I probably should update the clip as you say - as the program can do a lot more since I made that first clip.

As for the beer - I believe the Paypal links were removed due to the public uproar that ensued when they were added... but I can send you my email address (I think that's all you need).

Many thanks Jeep once again for your kind post :)

Lee

Following a suggestion over at theSwamp.org, I have updated the code for Dynamic Offset to Version 1.8 - this version provides the ability to offset to the center of two objects.

The new code can be found here.

Enjoy!

Lee

That is great Lee, it just keeps getting better and better. I find this center option pretty useful too.:)

Another suggestion: What if I want to add 2 or more offset lines while using the "center" option. Is that possible? I tried using the "+/-" and the "number" while using the "center" option, but the "center" option only makes 1 offset line.

That is great Lee, it just keeps getting better and better. I find this center option pretty useful too.:)

Another suggestion: What if I want to add 2 or more offset lines while using the "center" option. Is that possible? I tried using the "+/-" and the "number" while using the "center" option, but the "center" option only makes 1 offset line.

Thanks Jeep - I shall look into it :)

If you choose your lines using [N]umber or +/- before entering the [C]enter option, this will offset the correct number of lines :)

Lee,

I've tried it again and it still isn't working like I wanted. Baically I have 2 lines and I want to add more lines in between the 2. ie: Line 1 and Line 2, now I want to add 2,3, or 4 lines centered between Line 1 and Line 2. So I would offset Line 1 with N=4 and pick center option, then click Line 1 and Line 2. The result isn't centered between Line 1 and Line 2. Maybe I'm asking too much.

I have updated the code for the Dynamic Offset to Version 1.9.

In this version, I have changed the way that the program handles multiple offsets, and have also made an important bug fix for the OSnap.

The New code can be found here.

Lee