Automatic Loading of .DLL files etc

Emily_83

Morning All :D

i have a ? in regards to loading .dll files Automatically, basically you know how you can put the .lsp files into your start up suite, and don't have to type appload again to load it in, well how on earth do you do the same with .dll files???:geek:

Cheers

Emily

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emily_83

• Lee Mac

• SteveK

• alanjt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HI there Lee thankyou very very much, for you help

although i think i am doing something wrong, i copied and pasted it in the command line first to test and got the following error.

how do i run it?

Command: (setq S::STARTUP (append S::STARTUP DLLSTART))

; error: Invalid attempt to access a compiled function definition. You may

want to define it using defun-q: #

not too crash hot yet understanding .Dll's, i mean i can load them when they are suppplied and loading Via NETLOAD, but that is about it!!

Cheers

Emilys

It's probably the same thing as Lee's suggestion (you'll have to explain it to me Lee) but the few times I've wanted to load dll's at startup I've just made a lisp file with something like this in it then added it to the startup suite like you would a lisp (cause I know no other way):

(if (findfile "mydll.dll")
 (progn
   (princ "mydll.dll loaded.\n")
   (command "._NETLOAD" "mydll.dll"))
 (princ "mydll.dll NOT found!\n"))

It should be placed in your ACADDOC.lsp to run on startup, but I believe that if S::STARTUP has not yet been defined, then try this:

(defun-q S::STARTUP ( )
    (command "_.netload" "mydll.dll")
    (princ))

Obviously replacing "mydll.dll" with your dll filename.

It's probably the same thing as Lee's suggestion (you'll have to explain it to me Lee) but the few times I've wanted to load dll's at startup I've just made a lisp file with something like this in it then added it to the startup suite like you would a lisp (cause I know no other way):

That would probably be fine Steve, its only that all the examples of loading dlls at Startup involved the S::STARTUP function - (including VLIDE). :wink:

That would probably be fine Steve, its only that all the examples of loading dlls at Startup involved the S::STARTUP function - (including VLIDE). :wink:

Where are these examples?

I'll keep an eye on your swamp thread. :)

well i could not get yoru fist one to work which you game me,

i saved it in my Acaddoc file and added to startup suite and it did not work,

then did the same with Stevek's and worked perfectly.

and now am going to try yours again!!!.........should i be doing it that way???

sorry i should have flashing "Learner" lights around my username for this sort of stuff ...hahaha :-P

oh my gosh sorry for spelling errors in previous post....thats shocking......i am at work and typing fast!!!

as you may have been able to translate...that first linet was meant to say

"well i could not get your first one to work which you gave me" lol

i saved it in my Acaddoc file and added to startup suite and it did not work,

and now am going to try yours again!!!.........should i be doing it that way???

You shouldn't need to load it in the acaddoc file and the startup suite. One or the other. acaddoc is good over a network, startup suite is good for the individual computer/profile.

Which one you should use..? I'm sure it doesn't matter too much but Lee's method is the "correct" way to do it.

oh my gosh sorry for spelling errors in previous post....thats shocking......i am at work and typing fast!!!

as you may have been able to translate...that first linet was meant to say

"well i could not get your first one to work which you gave me" lol

all my favourite forums have an "edit" button which I use quite frequently after re-reading what I've typed :)

I'm confused as to why the first post by Lee isn't working. I've used basically the same thing for quite a long time. Never had any problems.

You shouldn't need to load it in the acaddoc file and the startup suite. One or the other. acaddoc is good over a network, startup suite is good for the individual computer/profile.

Which one you should use..? I'm sure it doesn't matter too much but Lee's method is the "correct" way to do it.

thanks for that i will change that now:D

all my favourite forums have an "edit" button which I use quite frequently after re-reading what I've typed :)

aha! i will have to remember that for next spelling erros i do, think it is going to become my new best friend

I'm confused as to why the first post by Lee isn't working. I've used basically the same thing for quite a long time. Never had any problems.

I got the same error the first time I ran it, but now I have no problems...:?