HP DJ800 Arch C orientation

t1320t

Hello-

Our office uses a HP Designjet 800 plotter w 24" roll feed paper. I'm having issues w the plotted orientation of our Arch C sheets in paperspace.... the plot previews correctly but does not actually plot correctly. It does not plot the dwg the full width of the roll but does cut the sheet at the correct length (24"). All of the dwg get plotted but I have to cut the excess 6" off of every plot.

Here are my current settings:

• "Paper size" Arch C
  • "Plot area" Layout
  • "Plot scale" 1"=200units
  • "Plot offset" x=0 y=0
  • "Drawing orientation" Landscape

Any ideas on how to fix this?? Thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• t1320t

• ReMark

• rkent

• todouble22

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you plotting from Model or Paper space?

What are the exact dimensions of your titleblock?

Post the title block here.

it appears that its in paper space since the option is layout.. try centering the plot and make sure your page setup is for c scale . you may have to adjust your scale to something other than 1 = 200 units so that it is uniform in the plot.

We use a HP DesignJet 500 and 24" wide paper and have no problem. Our paper choices include Arch C (landscape) and Arch C (portrait). We use Arch C (landscape) with a Drawing Orientation (Plot window) of Landscape as well. Perfect 18x24 plots each and every time. No waste.

If the exact dimensions of your title block are 4800x3600 then you are not allowing for plotter margins, so the plotter rotates the plot to make it fit on your roll. You may need to allow for an inch in both x and y directions for margins.

I asked about paperspace or model space because you mentioned a plotting scale. Almost everyone that uses PS sizes their titleblock to true size and scales the viewports for plotting. So for your application your titleblock would be approx 23"X17" or the metric equivalent, etc.

I have the "drawing orientation" set to landscape & it's previews just fine but the actual sheet that comes out of the plotter doesn't. If I change it to portrait, it cuts off the top and side of the plot.

I do not have Arch C (landscape) as an option. Actually, neither Arch C & Arch D have options for (landscape) or (portrait) but Arch B & Arch A do.

If the exact dimensions of your title block are 4800x3600 then you are not allowing for plotter margins, so the plotter rotates the plot to make it fit on your roll. You may need to allow for an inch in both x and y directions for margins.

I asked about paperspace or model space because you mentioned a plotting scale. Almost everyone that uses PS sizes their titleblock to true size and scales the viewports for plotting. So for your application your titleblock would be approx 23"X17" or the metric equivalent, etc.

Thanks for the insight. I work for a small company & have pushed hard to get to the point of even using paperspace. So, there's been a huge learning curve as I wade through it all then relay what I've learned to the other CAD operators. I'll try tweaking the size down & hope for the desired results. What exactly do you mean by "true size"? Do you bring your title blocks in at 1 scale? I'm currently inserting mine at the drawing scale.

• 1 month later...

During the printer installation process the user is prompted for the driver. Windows wants to go find it on its own (not always a good idea) but the user should select the option "Have disk" and then utilize the browse button to locate and open the .inf file.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I browsed for the dsgj800.inf file, went through the steps, clicked finished, then the original HP Designjet 800 24 by HP is still the driver. I'm lost. The dsgj800.inf doesn't show up in the pull down list either.

And how are you able to tell the two apart?

Something tells me I would have completely removed the "old" driver before attempting to utilize a new one.

Yeah, I suppose if I'd been down this road before, I would've known to remove the "old" driver, but since this is my 1st time messing w drivers it didn't come to mind. Either way, I'm trying to do it now.. start>printers>file>server properties>drivers tab, selected driver, clicked remove but it says it's in use. I've cleared all print jobs & disconnected the printer. Is the correct method for removing drivers?

Really? You never in your life, at home or work, had to remove and install new drivers for any piece of hardware? Man, you have lived a supremely mundane life. LOL

I'm lucky as my printer is not on the network so removing a driver has never been a problem.

How many other people have access to the printer besides you?

Yep. I've installed printers but have never had to mess w drivers. Somehow I managed to avoid it this long & it doesn't look like I missed much.

There're 4 other people who access the printer. Why? Are you suggesting that I pawn this little project off on someone else??

No I'm not. I'm just going to keep torturing you.:twisted:

I'm just wondering if all the other users have to uninstall the printer before you can go any further.:unsure:

Ha. Thanks for the support man.

As the official unofficial IT guy, I'm going to push this project off for a little while until I can get a better handle on what I really need to do to fix the problem.