How to make Z=0

e.mounir

FLATTEN's not working for me, either... I have 2014, I used the installation disk to install Express Tools, but FLATTEN still isn't recognized. Also other nifty commands (like EXTRIM) aren't recognized... Any ideas?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sbeth85

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• e.mounir

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sbeth85, when you start AutoCAD check what is displayed on the F2 screen. Some of my express tools didn't work and F2 revealed that a dll wasn't being loaded.

ReMark-

I've been typing FLATTEN and other commands in.

dboada- how do I access the F2 screen? While booting up AutoCAD do I press A2?

I pushed F2 and see a screen with lots of text... I checked near the top and there's nothing about forgetting to load DLLs...

I put in the command MENULOAD- now what?Screenshot (17).jpg

First, I don't see where Express Tools has been loaded. If it had been loaded the word EXPRESS would appear on the list. You could use the Browse button to migrate to where the .exe file is for Express Tools and try loading it.

Second, are you using a custom CUIx?

I haven't really messed around with the CUI... I've changed Aliases a lot but not much more than that and fiddling with the ribbon lengths...

I guess I'd better re-load the disk, i hope it works this time.

I haven't really messed around with the CUI... I've changed Aliases a lot but not much more than that and fiddling with the ribbon lengths...

I guess I'd better re-load the disk, i hope it works this time.

STOP!

What do you mean "reload the disk"? Do NOT reinstall AutoCAD.

I asked about a custom CUIx because it appears that you are missing some tabs across the top of the Ribbon. There should be at least nine different tabs (ten if Express Tools was loaded); you have six.

Mike_Taylor- Good tip! It flattened 85%...

It didn't take care of all the bits and pieces though... does that mean that I need to Block Edit each block and do the same command inside of each one individually?

dbroada- next time i boot up I'll look into that...

Re-Mark, when I right-click on the tabs I see that the only one that's not showing is Featured Apps... where are all the others supposed to be?

So you are running AutoCAD Architecture not plain AutoCAD? You should change your Profile so we know the actual program you are using. In some cases it may make a difference.

ReMark, I'll be honest, I didn't realize that there's a difference... I always thought "AutoCAD" was implicitly Architecture as well... Does this affect ExpressTools and whatnot?

AutoCAD Architecture is referred to as a "vertical product" as it is built off of plain AutoCAD.

I would still assume that during the installation process Express Tools would still be an option even in AutoCAD Architecture. I cannot say that with 100% certainty however as I do not use that program.

Do a search of your hard drive for the following files...

acetmain.cui or acetmain.cuix

acetmain.mnr

acetmain.dll

acetmain.mnl

Note: acet = autocad express tools.

More directly....

Look under C:\Users\yourcomputernamehere\Appdata\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2014\R19.1\enu\Support

ReMark-

I do indeed have acetmain.cuix in the following location:

C:\Users\sarar\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACA 2014\enu\Support

now what?

BTW I'm about to leave work for the day and not be back on until Sunday... if I don't see your responses until then I apologize in advance :(