• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a1harps

• ReMark

• woodworks

• iskalipsi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I save renderings as jpegs but they wouldn't upload because of size. PDF's worked. Maybe you can give some insight as how to upload drawings to this forum. It seems most members post drawings that are already opened and visible in post. I guess that's why Newbie is by my name.

Thanks

I save renderings as jpegs but they wouldn't upload because of size. PDF's worked. Maybe you can give some insight as how to upload drawings to this forum. It seems most members post drawings that are already opened and visible in post. I guess that's why Newbie is by my name.

Thanks

If they are Jpegs and the file is still too large then I guess it because of Autocad as the render engine.

The drawings I posted should by rights have larger jpeg file sizes than at least the one of the "credenza" styled furniture piece I saw in your pdf. If that file size is too large then I would guess that somehow Bryce does renderings with a smaller total file size.

As far as how to attach a jpeg to this forum you just the same as for the pdf files.

I think I have read on the forum that you need to have a minimum number of postings before you are eligible to post images. That may be the whole problem.

Another method I just learned is "screen shot". Anything on your screen can be "photographed" with your keyboard. The file is saved ...browsed for ...and posted with the "manage attachments" feature in this forum.

If you need a hand with screen shot I can help...I learned it by "googleing" it.

A1Harps, I get an invalid file message when uploading a jpeg.That's when I created the pdf. The jpeg is 640 x 480 and 70.3 KB. I don't think it's too large, not sure what the problem is.

A1Harps, I get an invalid file message when uploading a jpeg.That's when I created the pdf. The jpeg is 640 x 480 and 70.3 KB. I don't think it's too large, not sure what the problem is.

Try posting a reply to this like "OK"

That will give you 10 posts which I think is the minimum number before you can post an image.

Then try once more to attach a Jpeg in your 11th post. I think the rule is to thwart robot spam.

Still got the invalid file message.

The answer is staring us in the face. If you posted a JPG instead of a JPEG I bet it would work. :lol: Would work!:lol::lol: Woodworks.:lol::lol::lol: I just crack myself up sometimes!:shock: Would work.:lol:

Who says machines are cold-hearted and have no sense of humor?

OK. I guess when I read jpeg I assume that is the actually file type extension as opposed to jpg. The FAQ mentions jpg not jpeg. One letter may not mean much to a person but try getting AutoCAD to open a drwg file versus opening a dwg file and you'll see what I mean. Not sure what the reference is to vb codes in a jpeg file is all about. I leave those types of details to programmers.

OK, changing .jpeg to .jpg worked on this one also. So now what would you do for larger .dwg files? Maybe purge everything accept the problem in question? Sorry for being so much trouble

Bookcase Mohogany Final.jpg

Well I have a little piece of moulding I'd like to send you. Maybe even two. One goes at the top of my baseboard. The other is the main moulding used around almost every door and window in the house.

Can I contact you via PM here at CADTutor?

ReMark,

I have a couple guys that are geographically close to you interested in your molding replication.

Can you draw the profiles and post them somewhere? Just needs to be a section sliced at exactly 90 degrees to the long edges of the moldings for best results. If you decide to have a millshop produce your moldings then I would suggest sending 1" long cuttings from the actual moldings (if possible) to that shop before they make the cutters. It is always possible that these guys have already made a cutter for your exact molding for another house somewhere...that is why drawings are helpfull.

OK, changing .jpeg to .jpg worked on this one also. So now what would you do for larger .dwg files? Maybe purge everything accept the problem in question? Sorry for being so much trouble

I think saving your files as type .jpg is the answer...I have seen a lot of very complex drawings posted on here. I also noticed that changing to .jpg reduced my file sizes a great deal. If you have a .jpg that exceeds the file size permitted here...maybe someone else here knows an accepted file type that will reduce the file size of type .jpg....I only know it wont be type .bmp.