• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• kuwait

• Fire_col

• Eatonpcat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems fairly straightforward. A couple of circles, a few lines, three arcs and you're done. Start drawing and when you get truely stuck come back with your question.

Please draw the object FULL size in model space.

Don't forget the TTR option available in the Circle command.

Other commands that might come in handy: trim, offset and fillet.

So you've been set an assignment to use AutoCAD without being taught how to use the basics of AutoCAD?

ReMark has nailed it, that's the same method I would use myself.

No I really don't know about "osnaps and ortho mode"?

Student? I'm sure the lesson had a reason, teach autocad.

Do you have the lesson? Do you have an AutoCAD book for your version of CAD?

I suggest, "Purchase a good AutoCAD book. Many are available online, Amazon or eBay."

Osnaps (Object Snap) lets you pick points accurately. Whether it is starting a line where another line ends (endpoint), or placing one circle inside the other (center) or grabbing the intersection (intersection) of overlapping geometry.

In 2008 there should be a button for Object Snap located in the bottom left hand corner of your screen. Right-click on it and then click on Settings. For starters enable Endpoint, Midpoint, Center, Quadrant, Intersection and Perpendicular. Then click the OK button. These "osnaps" have now been activated.

Ortho mode confines you movements horizontally and vertically. It doesn't matter if you are drawing a line or moving an object. You can only go up and down and sideways when it is toggled on. Turning it off will allow you freedom to move in any direction. It is toggled via the F8 function key on your keyboard.

Got all this? Good. Because I'm not going to repeat it.

i havent uesd it before

this is the first time

Just so we're clear. Most of us are willing to answer questions but we will not do the assigment for you (as in give you an actual dwg file). Since the assignment is yours and not ours it is only fair that you complete it not us. Clear?

If you think about it we are not being harsh here.

If you are having a problem with a particular aspect of the task then by all means ask for help.

But if someone does all the work for you then how are you ever going to learn how to do it yourself?

Start with drawing the two circles first. You have been given the diameters of 30 and 60. It does not matter which one you draw first.

If you draw the inner one first pick where you want to place the centerpoint on the screen then stop. Look at your command line. AutoCAD asks you to “Specify radius of circle or [Diameter]. We know the diameter. Type “D” then press Enter. Specify the diameter of the circle by typing “30” then press Enter. Your first circle has been drawn.

To draw the outer circle you could elect to repeat the above steps or you can use the Offset command. Let’s use Offset. You’ll find the command on the Modify pull-down menu. Other options for invoking the command include clicking on the command’s icon or using the command alias (a keyboard shortcut) in this case it is “O” for Offset. It’s your choice.

No matter which you choose AutoCAD will ask you to “Specify offset distance or [Through/Erase/Layer] .” We want to supply a distance. Subtract the diameter of the inner (smaller) circle from the outer (larger) circle and divide the result by 2. Your answer should be 15. This is the number we type in followed by pressing Enter. When AutoCAD asks you to “Select object to offset…” pick the inner circle. When AutoCAD asks you to “Specify point on side of object to offset…” pick anywhere outside of the inner circle. Press Enter to escape out of the command.

Stop. Before going any further please save your drawing. Use a name that has meaning to you like Assignment1. Save often and in the event of a crash you won’t have to worry about starting from scratch.

thank you so much ReMark :)

i finished it

and for eatonpcat

I realize that... It was a joke (Maybe not a good one, but a joke none-the-less).