Correct way to build up model?

logictom

...put them together in a assembly so I could use it to give me the centre of gravity, I've got the point on but it doesn't give me any coordinates, works fine on each individual part.

Good job - you've come a long way since your original post. You even took my basic example and improved it the way I would have done it if I had had your dimensions.

You will need to add the assembly constraints for the battery. By modeling the parts with symmetry about the origin you can use some of the origin workplanes to define Mate and/or Mate-Flush constraints. This is a trick to get wheels/gears mated to turn with shafts.

Be careful about your mass for the parts since they are simplified representations (and you haven't assigned material for some). For example - your motor does not include the copper windings so your mass might need to be manually adjusted to get correct weight. Might be overkill just like modeling the windings would be overkill, but something to keep in mind.

Now - to answer your question. At the top of the browser find the Center.iam node and right click on it and select iProperties>Physical tab. The click on Update. If Update is not selectable then simply close the dialog and click in the screen COG should update. Another method to update the COG is to simply toggle the COG icon on the View>Visibility tab.

I will be very interested to see you finish this project. Again, Good job so far.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• logictom

• JD Mather

• kencaz

• shift1313

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images