• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Buzzard

• ReMark

• Lee Mac

• digger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Type your own dimension, that what is make this program awesome.

Thanks again Buzzard.

Opps I didn't see your latest post Buzzard,sorry.

Type your own dimension, that what is make this program awesome.

Thanks again Buzzard.

Opps I didn't see your latest post Buzzard,sorry.

No problem, I just wish they would read the whole post. I made reference to it in the revision list on the first post.

;/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;
; Do Not Remove This Header!
;
; Revisions
;
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Version | Change                                                              | Date
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; V0.1    | Replace the dialog load in the DH_MF function with a new function.  | 04|29|10
;         | Replace mode tile in the DH_MT function with a new function.        |
;         | Replace all setvars in the DH_MF function will a new function call. |
;         | Added DH_CUS function or Change User Settings function.             |
;         | Replace all (if (or calls with (cond ( (member calls.               |
; V0.2    | Add Non-Coded Flanged Only Head                                     | 04|30|10
; V0.3    | Remove DH_PL Program Loop Function & replaced with while            | 09|17|10
[color=red][b]; V0.4    | Removed popup lists from dialog and replaced with edit boxes        | 10|04|10[/b][/color]
[color=red][b];         | Action_Tile modifications made to Main Function                     |[/b][/color]
[color=red][b];         | Modifcations made to Set Size Parameters Function                   |[/b][/color]
;
;/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Edited by The Buzzard

We look but we do not see.

Come on! It's like Christmas morning when we were kids. We rushed downstairs to the tree and started ripping the pretty paper off the gifts as fast as we could to get to the good stuff. Then a grownup asks, "Who gave you that?" Our response..."Who looks at the tags?" We're just so excited with your gift to us Buzzard, and eager to put it to use, we don't read the fine print!:lol:

We look but we do not see.

Come on! It's like Christmas morning when we were kids. We rushed downstairs to the tree and started ripping the pretty paper off the gifts as fast as we could to get to the good stuff. Then a grownup asks, "Who gave you that?" Our response..."Who looks at the tags?" We're just so excited with your gift to us Buzzard, and eager to put it to use, we don't read the fine print!:lol:

I am still a bit puzzled over how you can identify an edit box for a drop down. I realize they do look similar, But If you take a good look at it, There are no drop down arrows off to the right of each box. How can you make an assumption then they are drop downs without trying at least to change the contents. I would think common sense would give you a nudge at that point. Nothing suprises me here.

Edited by The Buzzard

Wow, this looks like a great timesaver for drawing water containment tanks. (I'm in the wastewater industry.)

Does anyone know if this program will work in LT 2009?

Hi Susan,

To my knowledge Autolisp will not work in LT unless there is a special add-on package which I believe Autodesk and a developer are in litigation over it. You are better off getting a regular version of AutoCAD to get the full benifits of using lisp routines.

Sorry about that.

Since AutoLisp is not supported in LT you are out of luck Susan. One of the add-ons Buzzard is referring to was called LT Toolbox. I think there was a second one called LT Extender. Maybe you can locate an old version.

I am still a bit puzzled over how you can identify an edit box for a drop down. I realize they do look similar, But If you take a good look at it, There are no drop down arrows off to the right of each box. How can you make an assumption then they are drop downs without trying at least to change the contents. I would think common sense would give you a nudge at that point. Nothing suprises me here.

I don't read every word of every post as there is a lot of drivel.

I read enough of the posts to know that you were making a change for user input, but I never dreamed you would do away with all the effort you put into all the head data.

I assumed the drop down would still work for standard heads with an option for non-standard heads. Lucky for me I kept the original version. Perhaps you can make two separate programs, one for standard and one for non-standard. The original V0.2 is a great program. I doubt I will ever need the input version.

I don't read every word of every post as there is a lot of drivel.

I read enough of the posts to know that you were making a change for user input, but I never dreamed you would do away with all the effort you put into all the head data.

I assumed the drop down would still work for standard heads with an option for non-standard heads. Lucky for me I kept the original version. Perhaps you can make two separate programs, one for standard and one for non-standard. The original V0.2 is a great program. I doubt I will ever need the input version.

Ok, But when I did the original version, I did not realize till later that a better way was to do it was to have an external data file similar to the the flange program, giving you proper thicknesses to the head OD. Still the trouble with that is manufacturer data can still be different between manufacturers. The way I have this now is more flexible and as before I indicate in the help file to refer to manufacturer data. For the little input that you need to give, This is still a time saver in compared to having to draw the head manually. Most companies that build vessels on a daily basis will most likely have this data available to them or check in with the head manufacturer to get the specifics of the head they will use for a particular project. One thing you should realize is, Just because there is all this data in the file and you can select any combination of it does not mean you are making a proper selection which is why the help file tells you to refer to manufacturer specs. Finally an edit box works just how it is described, For editing or user input.

Its not easy trying to make everybody happy, So we need to find some middle ground here. If you have the original version and you are OK with it, Then thats a good thing. No need to download something new. It always pays to hang on to your previous version in any case before committing to the new version.

Anyway, Getting back to the original question.

Post 79 of this thread mentions to see the revision list for the changes to the program. You do not have to read the entire post to know whats going on. If by some chance you were to discard or lose your original version, Just so you know, I keep all the versions on my system. If you get a problem or lose it, I will be happy to give you another copy of it if you prefer. I will not keep older versions on the first post.

Attention All,

Revision V0.4 has been posted to the first post. See Revision List for changes.

Edited by The Buzzard

Digger,

Lets start over again here, First off if I have'nt said it, Welcome to the forum.

Now to clear things up and to give you an idea as to where I am at. I tend sometimes to read between the lines and for the most part it has worked for me many times, But there can be a down side to this thinking as well. Something I may have missed. Maybe there are some misinterpretations on my part. What you refer to as a drop down is actually called a popup list. This is what is mentioned in the revision list being replaced by edit boxes. You say potato, I say potatoe. Many come to this forum for many reasons. Some to learn, Some just have nothing better to do and Some just to get what they can. This is all well and good. I am here not to become a programmer, But to customize AutoCAD. In doing so I choose a theme to run with and assemble a code in such a way that I would feel comfortable with. Many notice that my programs are not up to their snuff and thats Ok too.

In saying this you will find programs here that are generic which can be used in most instances and the ones I create that are specific to one method. I try to step back and look at it from another side and then there are moments I can be blind to facts. I do not use any of the stuff I make. The intent here on my part is just to learn and see where it goes and at the same time put it out there for others to mainly get the idea "Hey, You can do it if I can do it." I am up many days and nights doing this stuff. Very seldom do I get much in the way of feed back except from the same individuals I always hear from. I do not put these programs out there for any other reason than what I have mentioned. If you want to just say thanks, Thats great. If you prefer to say nothing, All well and good. If they can be used for what they are, Well Great. If some feel changes are needed, We can discuss this. If these changes can be accomplished without a major overhaul of the program, I am more than willing to do it. If I like what was done better than the original, I will repost to the top of the thread.

I do realize that this may not work for everyone, But please realize that these are for free and done on personal time. I would love to see others go this route and say,

"I learned this here at the forum."

I can see you are new here, But participating more with these threads you will become familair to others and others to you also.

You need to read the drival just as much as what you may deem important to you so nothing is missed.

I do not want you to think that this is solely directed at you. If you ever seen the total membship here and the actual participating active members you may understand how I feel. You will find individuals who come here with the thinking that this forum is some kind of special service to all who request programs.

Watch and see how far they can get.

In saying all this, Please enjoy the program and try to use this forum to the fullest for what it has to offer in terms of learning and making friends as well.

Again Welcome to the forum my friend,

Hope to see you around here and learn from you as well.

The Buzzard

If a person feels a free lisp program does not meet their needs they are welcomed to try their hand at writing a better one and sharing it with the rest of us. They should however be prepared for the same type of critique that they subject other people's programs to. That's my personal opinion. Now, back to our regular programming.

The Buzzard,

Thank you for post #92, and thanks you for sharing your programs.

I imagine you wouldn't put all that effort into them if you didn't really enjoy it.

digger

If a person feels a free lisp program does not meet their needs they are welcomed to try their hand at writing a better one and sharing it with the rest of us.

ReMArk,

Man I would if I could.

The Buzzard,

Thank you for post #92, and thanks you for sharing your programs.

I imagine you wouldn't put all that effort into them if you didn't really enjoy it.

digger

No problem Digger and you are welcome,

Try to see these programs as some kind of a starting point for yourself. If you ask questions about the program contents and get replys with answers, You set a starting point for yourself to learn. Take a good look at all that programming involved. To many it looks tough, But if you put your mind to it and make a decision that you would really like to tackle this stuff you can accomplish it as well. You just need to make up your mind and get more involved as to what goes on here. Read the threads with all the explainations. CADTutor is the best place to be for it. This is a very active site. You will learn how to make a program that suits you. If you make an honest attempt and put a code on this site with all its problems, Many here will guide you through it. Just start small and work your way up. In time you begin to see how all of that code make sense.

Its one thing to get program from here to do a task at your job, But when that program needs to be tweeked to your standards or whatever, It nice to be able to start doing that small stuff for yourself without having to rely on or wait for the program of your choice or someone to write it for you. You could be retired by then.

Anyway Good Luck,

Hope to see you on forum with some code.

The Buzzard

• 6 months later...

Buzzard,

I'm looking to modify this code slightly for my own uses. I will provide the changes to this forum when I am finished changing the routines.

Can you provide this for me?

Thank you.

Regards,

bplturner

ReMark,

I downloaded this file but it only contains a .VLX, which I believe to be a compiled VisualLisp executable and does not contain the source code. This loads into AutoCAD quite well, but I'd like to make a few tweaks to the knuckle radius and such based on the parameters specified by our suppliers.

Thanks!

Regards,

bplturner