After while its getting slow

repelectric

I am using AutoCAD MEP 2010.

When I open a drawing and start draw on it, it works fine no slow movement of the screen and commands are working fast, but after while out of nowhere it become really slow (moving around the drawing and even the commands).

What causes this problem?

Thank you,

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• repelectric

• ReMark

• CADken

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be any number of problems.

What are your system specs?

Are you using Xrefs?

Do you have a bloated Scalelist?

Are you working off a network or on a standalone computer?

Do you have Windows Indexing enabled?

Is the Layer Properties Manager window opened?

There's probably another ten questions I could ask.

I am using windows Vista 32-bit AMD quad core processor 2.20 ATI 256MB graphic 8G of ram.

No Xrefs only blocks.

Standalone computer.

Layer Properties Manager window is open always.

Where I can find windows indexing?

No idea what is bloated scalelist?

Re: Windows Vista Indexing.

"The fasted way is to simply disable the Windows Search service. Run Services (just type “Services” at the Start Search bar), right click on the Windows Search service and select “Properties”. Then choose “Disabled” for the start type. Afterwards, you have to stop this service by right clicking on it and selecting “Stop”."

Re: Scalelists.

If you do not utilize annotative scaling with text, blocks, hatches or dimensions then you should have no reason for concern.

Which ATI graphics card are you using?

Re: Scalelists.

If you do not utilize annotative scaling with text, blocks, hatches or dimensions then you should have no reason for concern.

Which ATI graphics card are you using?

I AM USING ATI RADEON HD 3200 GRAPHIC 256MD. IS THAT BAD CARD?

I am not familiar with that particular graphics card although I doubt that it is "bad". I'd have to do some research. Just trying to get a complete picture of your system.

Is your software (MEP 2009) up-to-date with all service packs?

I am using MEP 2010 and yeah the windows 32-bit uses 3.326mb

And also I turned off the annotation scale.

is there any way I can extend the ram memory?

I don't think so....

Windows Vista Ultimate 32-Bit will only recognize: 4 GB; 64-Bit will only recognize: 128 GB

Windows Vista Enterprise 32-Bit will only recognize: 4 GB; 64-Bit will only recognize: 128 GB

Windows Vista Business 32-Bit will only recognize: 4 GB; 64-Bit will only recognize: 128 GB

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit will only recognize: 4 GB; 64-Bit will only recognize: 16 GB

Windows Vista Home Basic 32-Bit will only recognize: 4 GB; 64-Bit will only recognize: 8 GB

Windows Vista Starter 32-Bit will only recognize: 1 GB; 64-Bit - N/A

That's Sucks Cause My Computer Has 8g Of Ram Installed And Uses 3326mb And That's Is Really Horrible About The Windows Cause Sometimes My Computer Uses All The Ram Memory And Restarts When Is Out Of Physical Memory And I Have The Issue With My Computer I Get To The Blue Screen And It Saying Out Of Memory And Restarts Or Maybe Its A Graphic Card Or Something. But I Have Seen My Computer Reached To 6mb Of Free Ram That's Funny And Microsoft Wont Do Anything About 32-bit Windows So It Will Recognize More Ram Memory.

Thanks For The Help I Appreciate That.

Obviously WinVista is not recognizing the other 4GB of RAM so it is not only a waste of your money it may well be hampering your system.

Virtual memory should be anywhere from 1.5X to 3X the amount of physical RAM installed. The min and max values should be set to the same value. This forces Windows to set aside a contiguous block of sectors on the hard drive to facilitate page swaps.

No, it does not sound like you have a graphics card problem. Perhaps the only problem you have is not fully comprehending what WinVista 32-bit can manage for memory and what you thought you could physically install.

How many memory slots on the mobo? Four? Are all the slots full at this time (2GB per slot)?

Do you know the type and model of motherboard in your computer?

Obviously WinVista is not recognizing the other 4GB of RAM so it is not only a waste of your money it may well be hampering your system.

Virtual memory should be anywhere from 1.5X to 3X the amount of physical RAM installed. The min and max values should be set to the same value. This forces Windows to set aside a contiguous block of sectors on the hard drive to facilitate page swaps.

No, it does not sound like you have a graphics card problem. Perhaps the only problem you have is not fully comprehending what WinVista 32-bit can manage for memory and what you thought you could physically install.

How many memory slots on the mobo? Four? Are all the slots full at this time (2GB per slot)?

Do you know the type and model of motherboard in your computer?

I have 4 slots of ram and all of the are full with 2G. the motherboard that I have is AMD 780G chipset.

I am thinking my video card is bad cause when the blue screen comes up and my computer restarts and the error comes up the video display had an error.

I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that you have a bad video card.

The AMD 780G chipset is an integrated graphics chip on your motherboard. It is not the make/model number of the motherboard itself.

Do you know who made your motherboard? Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, other?

Do you have a model number for your motherboard?

it just happened the screen went off again and the error was the display driver stopped working.

my computer is Gateway LX6200-01 see the full specs of my computer

http://www.gateway.com/product_spec.php?product_recid=529668196

Thanks.

Seems I've got my chipsets mixed up. The one you mentioned is not the integrated graphics. My bad.

Your graphics: ATI® Radeon™ HD 3200 Integrated Hybrid Graphics with up to 256MB of Shared Video Memory.

Well, you're in luck as you have a PCIe x16 slot available that you could put a dedicated graphics card in.

The system calls for Win7 at the top but you said you have Vista. Can you confirm?

Thanks.

Seems I've got my chipsets mixed up. The one you mentioned is not the integrated graphics. My bad.

Your graphics: ATI® Radeon™ HD 3200 Integrated Hybrid Graphics with up to 256MB of Shared Video Memory.

Well, you're in luck as you have a PCIe x16 slot available that you could put a dedicated graphics card in.

The system calls for Win7 at the top but you said you have Vista. Can you confirm?

I have vista 32-bit original it came with vista home premium 64-bit and I changed it to windows Vista 32-bit ultimate so I can hook up to a server.

No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dude! There is a very good reason why it shipped with Vista Home Premium 64-bit. That's because they included 8GBs of RAM since Vista 64-bit can recognize and use that much. When you swapped it out for a 32-bit version of Vista you basically drove a stake through the heart of your computer.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. This is a prime example of what I refer to as an OIE (Operator Induced Error).