After while its getting slow

repelectric

No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dude! There is a very good reason why it shipped with Vista Home Premium 64-bit. That's because they included 8GBs of RAM since Vista 64-bit can recognize and use that much. When you swapped it out for a 32-bit version of Vista you basically drove a stake through the heart of your computer.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. This is a prime example of what I refer to as an OIE (Operator Induced Error).

I can just take out the other 2 memory slots so I will have 4G of ram. its not a big deal???

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• repelectric

• ReMark

• CADken

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like the type of person that might throw one oar away because you already have one. LOL

Really...you never should have uninstalled the 64-bit version of Vista. But hey, it is your computer so do what works best for you. Works for me.

thanks for your help.

I was thinking to install 64-bit back when I will reinstall my windows, but I don't have time right now.

I was thinking but not anytime soon.

Any reason why you would choose not to replace a failed or failing integrated graphics chip with a dedicated graphics card or did the problem suddenly fix itself while we were exchanging pleasentries?

I have the ATI 256MB dedicated graphic card install in the computer I guess its not powerful enough but I am not buying for my own money I have to ask a company for it that is why I am not touching it cause its not mine.

I know what you have in your computer I'm just wondering how you are going to continue working with the system if you have a failed graphics chip. Maybe I misunderstood you. Do you have a graphics problem or not?

What I think its my graphic card that is failing because it's saying my display driver stopped working when my screens flikers maybe like 6 times before the blue screen comes up and restarts the computer and after the restart the icon comes up and says "your display driver stopped working do you want to check for the solution" which is graphic card. I am using dual screen one is connected to HDMI which is 24" screen and the other is connected to a regular output (analog) 19" screen. I think my graphic does not have enough memory to display all the information cause if I am using almost all my ram during CAD drafting plus I am not using one program at the same time too.

You're full of clever surprises aren't you? Running two displays off of an integrated graphics chip? That's pretty daring. I guess it caught up to you.

Disconnect one. Give your system a chance to recover.

I doubt that you are using all of your RAM during CAD drafting even if you are running something else in the background.

That's why I need new graphic card that will support my two screens cause I am always using two screens.

But I actually did saw it when my ram was only 6MB left when I open the task bar. it is funny to see that.