Batting linetype missing in Autocad 2009

mcad88

Hi, I am new to post in this forum, need help. Am using Autocad 2009, was working on drawing sent to another autocad user after saving in 2004 format. The guy is using 2006.

Drawing came back with Batting linetype with type of question marks and no as SSSSSS.

Tried to load Batting linetype still does not work. Although opening my own drawings show Batting linetype. The user of Autocad 2006 has also lost the Batting linetype.

Be grateful for your help

mcad88

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• mcad88

• Tankman

• eldon

ReMark - Removed Acad 2009 and reloaded still no joy. But the original/my own drawings (dwg) files show the correct batting linetype.

Done search for acad.lin, does not show up

There might to two versions. The one you want can be located by typing the following at the command line:

(findfile"acad.lin")

Copy the path from your Text window and paste it into your browser. The fastest way to get there from here so to speak.

Hi

Still no joy -----

I have checked the acad.lin file in Autocad folder and the batting linetype is there. Confusing !!! Someting is changing the linetype from normal batting to the (????) question mark type of line.

Sorry ReMark tried what you asked of me -- No joy, in fact tried my other file and it also seem to be corrupted. I am not sure if I remove autocad all together and reload again

STOP!

What are you thinking? It's a problem with a linetype and you're going to uninstall then reinstall AutoCAD? Don't you think that is a bit drastic?

Can you post this wayward drawing? Maybe someone here can play with it.

Did you check the acad.lin file?

Don't ask why but my batting linetype is in the acadiso.lin file and in the acad.lin file.

mcadd88's drawing didn't show the batting linetype from the linetype load instruction.

The *.dwg I posted has a nice dynamic batting linetype.

Don't have a clue as to why? Any idea? :?

Why are we in Software & Licensing?

Hi ReMark

Please see attached file as requested. I have already removed Autocad and am in the process of reload - just to see if the problem is still there.

I really wish you hadn't done that as it wasn't necessary. I got the same problem as you but I was able to get the batting to show up. It has to be one of the strangest problems I've run across. It still has a one other baffling quirk to it I've yet to figure out.

Drawing attached. Saved in 2000 file format.

Batty Batting.dwg

I really wish you hadn't done that as it wasn't necessary. I got the same problem as you but I was able to get the batting to show up. It has to be one of the strangest problems I've run across. It still has a one other baffling quirk to it I've yet to figure out.

Certainly does have some kind of quirk. Think he used a template of some kind that wouldn't or couldn't load the line type? Batty Batting for sure!

I had numerous error messages, all relating to missing line types.

Did you experience any error messages when you opened the *.dwg? :?

If I opened the dynamic batting drawing in '05, batting was not dynamic.

Open in '07, batting is dynamic. Any ideas?

There was also a message that ltypeshp was not a font file. And there is a Text Style called Shape-ltypeshp that uses the shape file ltypeshp.

Extremely curious. I was wondering if it was a crossword type puzzle, that one person sets and thousands of people try to solve. :shock:

Right then. Here is the original drawing saved in 2007 file format with the linetype Batting loaded and working. Sorry, but I changed the layer color to yellow. You can change it back if you'd like. I needed to do that while I worked some magic on the drawing.

PART SECTION-FLAT ROOF{REV].dwg

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for putting a lot of effort in to resolve the problem I had with the Batting linetype. At least at this present moment,I can somehow get on with this project. I did a reload of autocad and will check the dodgy drawings again. Hoping I do not get the same problem.

Thanks again