Autocad 2010 won't grab endpoint of polyline splined with pedit

I was using acad 2007 and it did exactly what I want. I am now using acad 2010 and for some reason when I draw a polyline and spline it with pedit, I cannot grab the endpoint of the line. The osnap doesn't see it. If I hit tab a bunch of times eventually I can get it to grab, but that is not efficient.

It works fine with normal splines, but I use autocad as an illustration tool and regular spline doesn't work for my needs.

Any ideas or help on a setting or something that I might be able to change would be greatly appreciated. This is a make or break deal for me with autocad. I will have to go back to 2007 if I can't correct this because a large amount of what I do is in these types of splines. Thank You.

Are you using continuous linetype for the pline? Seems to me there was an issue with your exact issue and the workaround was to use continuous linetype.

Although it doesn't totally solve your issue, it might be quicker to use shift+right click drop-down menu to select the endpoint o-snap rather than cycling through the o-snaps with the tab key. (if it'll even pick up the endpoint for that matter)

I'm not sure why your AutoCAD is only having trouble finding a converted spline's endpoint. I tried it with my AutoCAD LT 2010, and it seemed to work just fine... strange...

-mw

shift-right click does not work either. that's the same as having just the endpoint osnap on and it will go to other endpoints first no matter how zoomed in I am on the point that I want, I still have to tab to get to the actual endpoint.

hrmm... strange :huh:.

take a look at http://forums.cadalyst.com/showthread.php?t=6719, seems like this might be a common problem for AutoCAD 2010. If you use pedit to "fit" your spline to the original polyline pick points, does it help? (also, try following the suggestions shown at the end of the cadalyst thread)

-mw

Thanks for the follow-up. That link is relevant to my prob. Like they said, if I zoom way out pretty much to where it stops and needs a regen, then it will give me the endp. I get endp if I use fit but that doesn't suit my need. Hope someone comes up with a fix cause this is a huge annoyance for me right now. Than for all the help

Any time, incarnate, glad to help. I appologize that I couldn't come up with a solution for you. Maybe someone with more experience, or who has dealt with this issue before, will be able to shed some light on the topic.

all the best,

-mw