multiple LTSCALES in one drawing

I am trying to draw details at multiple scales in one drawings, ex. 3"=1'-0", 1 1/2"=1'-0", 3/4"=1'-0" and have come across a problem. I am only allowed to have one ltscale per drawing, so how can I make the lines (dashed lines, centerlines, etc.) show up correctly???

You could use a different a Celtscale for the lines, but it would probably be better to use different viewports (in the layout tabs) with different scale factors. Be sure to set the Psltscale=1 in each layout tab.

I guess this is my confusion. I want to have a 3"=1'-0" viewport in PS right next to a 3/4"=1'-0" viewport and they need to have different ltscales, but when i am in PS and I change the ltscale, it changes it for all the viewports. I am not familiar with CELTscale

Set the Ltscale=1 and leave it alone (you already figured out why). Set Psltscale=1 (per layout tab) and the linetypes in the 2 viewports should display/plot the same. If you set Msltscale=1 the linetypes in the Model tab will display per the current annotation scale (independent from the display in the PS viewports).