Can't get my head around annotative tool

bobsy852

I had my best luck with just erasing your original text and putting it back in with the different justification. I'm not sure why you want to make more work for yourself but it's your drawing, your time and your effort. Have at it.

Thanks ReMark. I get that it's taking me a long time now, but I'm hoping that once solved it will save me a lot of time in future drawings. Drawings where I may need multiple labels at different scales like this! :(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• bobsy852

• SPARKY77

• NBC

Top Posters In This Topic

OK This is onre of the ways around your problem of the text moving, I wouldn't do what Remark does and put wall text on your layout but what I do is create all the views I want and to the scale that I want.

At this point I lock the viewports and then I dimension/label the drawing through the viewport so I am putting the annatavive text in model space through the viewport. Because you are putting it in through the viewport the text will scale/position correctly

OK This is onre of the ways around your problem of the text moving, I wouldn't do what Remark does and put wall text on your layout but what I do is create all the views I want and to the scale that I want.

At this point I lock the viewports and then I dimension/label the drawing through the viewport so I am putting the annatavive text in model space through the viewport. Because you are putting it in through the viewport the text will scale/position correctly

Ahhhh ok! this could work! I'll play around with doing it this way too! Thanks Sparky!

Remark I am not totally against your way. I do put text on the layout page but it is usually tables.

I just find that when you have dimensions on the layout and you modify the drawing the dimension does not modify.

I also find that sometimes it does not give you the correct dimension and you have to override it. (thats why i don't do it, may be I am doing something wrong I don't know)

Sparky: The dimension does modify but only if you check-off the option Make new dimensions associative on the User Preferences tab of the Options dialog box (I thought everybody knew this). It's on the right-hand side in the area labelled Associative Dimensioning.

I've never gotten a wrong dimension that I had to override using my method.

Dimensions can be done in paper space on top of any viewport and if associative dimensioning is enabled the dimensions will adjust not only to the new location (dim longer or shorter) it will also adjust to a change in scale.

By the way, you can also use the command line system variable DIMASSOC to change the setting. The settings are 0, 1 and 2. For associative dimensions set DIMASSOC to 2. The value is an Integer and threfore it is saved within the drawing.