AutoCAD Launcher

AQucsaiJr

Here is the screen shot after I changed it. I double click on any .dwg and it still comes up in 2009.

ScreenCapture_01.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AQucsaiJr

• iPhoria

• BlackBox

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My OS is Win XP Sp3...

I am using autocad electrical, I don't know if that makes a difference. I still use the acad.exe to launch.

It says Acade 2010 because thats where the launch is...

ScreenCapture.jpg

I just tried dragging and dropping a drawing from explorerin XP into my open LT2010 and it opened!! Things you find out when you play :) You have to minimise any open drawings else you just copy the contents of the new drawing to the open one.

It didn't work from Outlook 2007 though :( I suppose I'll have to save emailled drawings to the network first.)

Edited by Glen1980
Confirming OS

I just tried dragging and dropping a drawing from explorerin XP into my open LT2010 and it opened!! Things you find out when you play :) You have to minimise any open drawings else you just copy the contents of the new drawing to the open one.

It didn't work from Outlook 2007 though :( I suppose I'll have to save emailled drawings to the network first.)

If you drop the drawing into the command line instead of the drawing window it will open it without adding it to the open drawing. You can also right click on the attachment in outlook and drag it to your desktop then choose copy here. It will save the drawing to your desktop, might be quicker than saving to your network.

Silly Rabbit... [AutoCAD Electrical] is for [Electrical Controls Designers]. :lol:

Ahhhh lol sorry I'm only in IT so I know there are different versions out there but don't know what they are. Well the patch is right so I don't see why it doesn't work for you???

My OS is Win XP Sp3...

I am using autocad electrical, I don't know if that makes a difference. I still use the acad.exe to launch.

It says Acade 2010 because thats where the launch is...

Can you do another screenshot of your registry window but do the right pane I'm trying to get in close to the path.

I was trying to send you a PM instead of posting in the thread to clutter it up but anyway can you send me a screencapture of your Autodesk folder in Program Files? Everything looks exactly the same as what I've done.

ScreenCapture.jpg

Here ya go... Also, I don't know if this matters but I auto load ACADE on start up using the same acade.exe placed in the Startup folder.

You can do a quick test, remove the acad.exe from the startup folder, reboot and double click a file see which version launches? I'm stumped because everything looks correct I would suggest going back into your registry editor if the above trial doesn't help anything. Once you do your registry backup go to that key again and redo the path to the acad.exe. Just do a copy and paste of the path by going to the Acade 2010 and copying the path in the address bar. Then paste it into the key to replace the appropriate area of the path. Then see if that makes a difference. If that still doesn't change anything I would say search for Acade 2009 and see if there is a secondary location that is somehow launching that version. Is your user a local admin on the machine?

I will give that a try, thanks.

I am not sure about the local admin. I have to login to the network to get on my machine. I believe I have all admin rights on my machine once logged in.

I'll let you know my results as soon as I get a chance to restart my computer.

Hey, that seems to work... If I load acad 2010 manually rather than auto load. Sweet, thanks for the help.

Well it last for 2 hours. Now its back to loading all double clicked drawings into acade 2009 again. I have not opened acade 2009 today. It was working but i guess acade 2009 got jealous.

Just so you know, My computer always loaded all the drawings fine until the last update of acade 2009, service pack 3

Just so you know, My computer always loaded all the drawings fine until the last update of acade 2009, service pack 3

Go to http://www.cadalyst.com and search AutoCAD 2009 Bug. I never used 2009, but word is it is the buggiest AutoCAD.