How to Open *.Fas

Guest balajibth84

Ah - I see what you are saying about the restrictions on what you can do with code covered by the GPL - I can see how connotations of a 'virus' come about (code covered by GPL used in other programs which must then be covered by the GPL...).

lol @ flying cars

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Se7en

• ReMark

• mdbdesign

• Lee Mac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem.

Now, please keep in mind that the whole license issue isn't as simple as i may have made it seem either but this is all really just for conversations sake anyways.

If Jane released fooxx under the BSD and Bob wanted to release fooxx2.0 under the GPL he would have to get permission from Jane if he wants to change the licensing of Jane's code or just release his portion under the GPL and keep her's under the BSD. ...Basically, in this case the license issue has more to do with the developer's then the users because to the user its all free code anyways but you understand my point.

My reasoning: This forum shouldn't really have to worry about the dealings of developers and shouldn't take any stance on "owing" or "copyrighting" its members code. Leave that up to the developers of the code; if i wanted to re-license your code, I should talk to you not CADTutor.

If anyone feels they are being treated unfairly or inappropriately, please use the "Report Post" button or notify a moderator. And on the same token, if you see someone flaming other members or trying to instigate a fight, please let us know so we can deal with the individual. Fighting in the forum will not be tolerated.

The last 8 posts have been removed from this thread, for obvious reasons. Everyone has made their points, so lets move on. Nothing else to see here. :wink:

> The last 8 posts have been removed from this thread, for obvious reasons. Everyone has made their points,

> so lets move on. Nothing else to see here. :wink:

See ya!

If anyone feels they are being treated unfairly or inappropriately, please use the "Report Post" button or notify a moderator. And on the same token, if you see someone flaming other members or trying to instigate a fight, please let us know so we can deal with the individual. Fighting in the forum will not be tolerated.

The last 8 posts have been removed from this thread, for obvious reasons. Everyone has made their points, so lets move on. Nothing else to see here. :wink:

et tu, brute?

no, seriously, thanks.

it is good for cool heads to have the last word.

that's why we have the u.s. senate and forum moderators.

digger