Hatches and Draw order - when are Autodesk going to get their act together?

busseynova

I have recently made a couple of adjustments to my drawing template. Now when ever in I bring in a new 2D block the hatching is covering up the linework. Also new areas of hatching wont behave themselves and stay where they're put.

It amazes me that for such an advance programme, there still is no reliable system of ordering and layering drawing objects. I wonder if Autodesk will ever sort this out, or is this just one of those 'quirks' that we have to live with and find long winded solutions to get around.

Please enlighten me if I'm missing something, but as far as I'm aware this has been a problem for many people for a long time.

The only piece of advice that I can give is to try doing a regen. I have read in the help file and found that it sometimes works, when you think that you have fixed the draworder but it still looks wrong. Other than that, not much help here, but I feel your pain.

Is it possible to add the command on to AutoCAD 2010? If so where do I download/ find it. I'll swap programmes if needed, just for that extra command.

I'm really hoping that it works on hatches within blocks too, although I doubt it does.

It doesn't seem to recognize a hatch when it is in a block. Are you on subscription? That is where I got it before 2011 came out, what they call "Advantage".

yeah, I'm on subscription, although it doesn't always come directly to me, rather to the 'IT manager' (actually the financial director who knows a little bit about networking). How did you get hold of the upgrade?

My problem with the hatches always seemed to be that I'd get the draw order sorted on the original source drawing, great, everything looks fine, and then as soon as I paste the block into a new drawing it all gets mixed up again. A deeply frustrating problem with seemingly no solution apart from to block everything up from scratch. Even then, as stated above, even when I finally think I've got everything sorted, I made a few changes to the DWT file and now all blocks are coming in with their hatches on top again! :ouch: