Aliases

meecpc

if there was a problem with OP's entry in .pgp they'd get an error message, right? although i guess if there's multiple entries would AutoCAD just use the first in the list?

Re: Multiple entries. This was taken directly from instructions contained within the acad.pgp file.

If a command alias appears more than once in this file, items in the User Defined Command Alias take precedence over duplicates that appear earlier in the file.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• meecpc

• BlackBox

• Jack_O'neill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if there was a problem with OP's entry in .pgp they'd get an error message, right? although i guess if there's multiple entries would AutoCAD just use the first in the list?

If the user added command aliases to the end/bottom under the 'User Defined Command Aliases' area, the last loaded takes precident.

Edit: I'll go get myself that second cup of coffee now, ReMark. :lol:

Just changed the ones there.

You are putting your aliases in the User Defined Command alias section of the file right? This is located at the end of the acad.pgp file.

You are putting your aliases in the User Defined Command alias section of the file right? This is located at the end of the acad.pgp file.

M, *move

Please forgive me, as I do not mean to be rude...

Perhaps you could try answering our questions with a "Yes", or "No" (feel free to add additional information, if you'd like).

This might allow us to better help you. :)

yes, still not working.

How is it not working... what happens when you initiate the M command?

Does nothing happen at all?

Does something else happen (another command, perhaps)?

Please clarify.

In my acad.pgp file it is ME, *Measure for the measure command and M, *Move for the move command.

Do you have more than one version of AutoCAD on your computer?

If the OP has Express Tools, use the Command Alias Editor from the Express > Tools menu (or type ALIASEDIT from the Command line) and there won't be any doubt about whether the correct PGP file is being edited or whether the command is being changed in the correct location in the pgp file. Also, closing the Alias Editor automatically reloads the pgp, eliminating the need to REINIT.

The OP says he has edited the correct version and that REINIT changes nothing.

My next suggestion would be to leave the M and L in the main body of the pgp file alone and add a new definition of M and L at the bottom of the pgp file in the User Defined Command alias area. Since these will be last then AutoCAD should honor them and not anything that preceeds their entry.

Edited by ReMark

Thank you all for your help.

I noticed that a certain lisp program that was in my start up suite was refering to a font file called FONTasm which I do not have. It was creating an error at start up that I would just "escape" out of. I removed all lisp from my start up and it works fine. I just loaded the few I know I need and it still works. There's a day gone!

I will tip a cold one to you all for your help. You guys are the best!

*POP*

Bill

A font file caused your command alises to go all wacky? Put me in the "skeptical" column.

For the moment I guess there is nothing else left for us to do but to bid you farewell and thank you for updating us.

I don't think he is suggesting it was font that caused the problem, it was likely the lisp that referenced the non-standard font, or one of the other lisps he removed from the startup group that was changing the keyboard shortcuts.

• 7 months later...
If the OP has Express Tools, use the Command Alias Editor from the Express > Tools menu (or type ALIASEDIT from the Command line) and there won't be any doubt about whether the correct PGP file is being edited or whether the command is being changed in the correct location in the pgp file. Also, closing the Alias Editor automatically reloads the pgp, eliminating the need to REINIT.

Hopefully it is not considered HiJacking if it is an 8 month old thread...

I was looking for my acad.pgp file. I found one, but when I type aliasedit in command line, I get different info. Where/How do I find this file?