Visual styles

daxxie

Hello :)

This might sound like a stupid question but when i add a visual style to a shape or object it asks for, Command: Specify opposite corner:

i cannot move the viewcube and i cannot edit this object, what step am i skipping or am i just being silly.

please help me :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daxxie

• ReMark

• nestly

• Triptych

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware that a visual style could be object specific. I always assumed the visual style applied to all objects in the drawing. What command are you using?

if i just change visual styles in the menu it asks me to specify opposite corner, even if i highlight then change the visual it does it.

im kind of a noob at all this. :oops:

I'm not at my CAD computer at the moment but I don't ever recall being asked to pick/specify any corners. I make my visual style changes right from the Ribbon.

On tutorials they just whack on a style with ease but when i follow what they do it wont let me select anything, ive tried picking edges and corners on different shapes but it just wont select or acknowledge my clicks :[

Maybe you should set your visual style via the Ribbon. You are in a 3D workspace and working on a 3D drawing right?

Check your Help file. Press the F1 key and search on the words "visual styles".

ive been using that to find tools etc and thats a brilliant tool, but i just cannot seem to click on anything to do with the drawing, im able to draw new shapes and lines etc but i cant reshape or move as it just asks for me to specify a corner, but surely its an object not a surface so no need to specify a corner.

could it be something to do with layers?

sorry but i dont know what you mean by command, i just go to draw,3d modeling then box then go to visual styles and then pick shaded thats when it asks for me to specify

Command? I mentioned nothing about command. I asked WHAT ARE YOU DRAWING? You're making this way more difficult than it needs to be. Don't try changing visual styles if you haven't drawn anything yet.

i've watched that video and that is exactly what i do but then it asks me to specify a corner which locks up the shape, i have to work in 2D wireframe which is hard to follow sometimes. im using cad for mac would any feature in this differ from windows version as ive literally followed every tutorial for it but they all seem to be windows.

Oh, I didn't realize you were using AutoCAD for Mac. Yes, that's a whole different product with a different interface. I'd still be surprised if changing visual styles is supposed to require picking objects, but I really don't know enough about the Mac version to say for sure, sorry.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks, as this is my first post I'd just like to say thanks for all the great help and guidance that you have shared.

I'm fairly new to AutoCAD having recently moved from another program and this forum has been a huge help to me.

I seem to having the same problem as the OP and must be overlooking something simple. Im sure there are others out there that have encounterd this and can help.

Windows, AutoCAD 2011.

1. Start Acad, New, acadiso3d.dwt

2. Draw a cube.

3. Hover mouse over cube, edges highlight and viewcube functions as it should.

OSX. AutoCAD 2011.

1. Start Acad, New, acadiso3d.dwt

2. Draw a cube.

3. Hover mouse over cube, edges don't highlight and viewcube won't function as it should.

Its only when I switch to a wireframe visualstyle, then the cube's edges and the viewcube come back to life.

Has anyone else had this issue and solved it?