acad viruse

wrha

After all the years i have learned to scan all of the in-files before i run them

RULE #1 never trust no one but yourself.

Although i find it sad if ever it happened that forums users publishes routines with malicious programming incorporated and if ever i come across one of them you can be shure i will simply terminate my account and forget me sharing all of time invested to do things and share the results with members.

r

Call me skeptical but I would not run a *.fas routine that was downloaded from some unknown website until I knew exactly how it worked and what the ramifications of using it would be. One cannot be too careful these days. For example, someone can be visiting a website and suddenly a message appears stating the user's computer is infected. Then they are prompted to download the "fix" for the problem only to find out later on that the "fix" was actually a virus or malware. By that time it's too late... the damage has been done.

What is the source of killworm.fas? Who wrote it and when?

Will you personally vouch for the effectiveness of killworm.fas?

Have you ever used it?

Can you point us to a review written by someone who has used it?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ahankhah

• ReMark

• tanyakorban

• wrha

I sometimes don't even trust myself :lol: ... I'm only human, so could easily do something silly inadvertently.

Best way I know of to test code first is you run it in an acad installation inside a virtual machine. If anything goes wrong, I can simply wipe the machine back to an earlier state.

As for the link, if you read further ... you'll note that Ahankhah did post the source code of that link as well. So you could use that instead of the compiled FAS file.

After all the years i have learned to scan all of the in-files before i run them

Although i find it sad if ever it happened that forums users publishes routines with malicious programming incorporated and if ever i come across one of them you can be shure i will simply terminate my account and forget me sharing all of time invested to do things and share the results with members.

r

Are you accusing someone here at CADTutor of incorporating malicious code in a program?

calion: You should have started a new thread. This one is about AutoCAD viruses.

I don't believe the word is "encrypt"; I believe you want to "compile" your code.

Read about compiling lisp files here...http://www.afralisp.net/archive/vl/vl-comp.htm

Lucas3, all comments from attached routine, as well the messages it display, were incomprehensible (were in Chinese?). Although appreciate your desire to share, it would be great if you can provide a translated version, other I'm not sure that many people will be tempted to run it. That it, taking into account that this tool will delete files or modify their content!

Lucas3, all comments from attached routine, as well the messages it display, were incomprehensible (were in Chinese?). Although appreciate your desire to share, it would be great if you can provide a translated version, other I'm not sure that many people will be tempted to run it. That it, taking into account that this tool will delete files or modify their content!

I will try to translate,But my English is very sucks.

My policy is not to use a lisp routine unless it is written in English or it has been verified as non-destructive by someone I trust.

Have this kind of idea is right.I believe that the authors have tested.I post it for reference only.

Good afternoon, my company has been effected by this I believe. Every time someone opens an AutoCAD file, ACADDOC.lsp gets created in that job folder. I downloaded your script, but when I run it on all, it searches trough a few files, then I get:

Searching: "c:\Documents and Settings\administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Adobe\Color\"; error: file pattern specification is too long

It starts with

"Searching: "c:\Documents and Settings\administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data\Adobe\Color\" then adds a "\Application Data" and searches again and again until it runs out of characters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Same problem as the above. Also, when I run the Select, it comes up:

Select option [Active/Passive/ALL/Select/?/eXit]: S

On topic (non-bickering topic)... does anyone have an explanation for the above?

Corrupted folder structure? Again, I don't know. Maybe Zak ought to just bite the bullet and wipe his drive, reload the OS and all his programs and next time be more careful regarding open files from outside sources.

It is bad programming, apparently. I don't see a folder named Application Data in ~\local\~. on my Win 7 machine. Somebody coding too specifically for a particular version of Windows?

Msasu ,This english version,Not tested. For reference

Killvirus.lsp

• 3 months later...

Ahankhah,

every time i open an autocad file and save it, i recently started getting a "acad.lsp" file in the same folder as the .dwg file

i have carefully read all pages in this thread and applied your fixes, but i still get an lsp file (something that never happened a week ago)

both the .lsp and .far file you gave us, while typing kw (active, passive, all), it says no worm.

any fix?

thank you.