how to trace the code of the existing drawing in autocad

gvgbabu

hi all

i am working on a project of transferring the drawing

I want to draw the AutoCAD drawing with small changes in dimensions etc.

I am very new to this lisp program

So i would like ask u that is it possible to get the code of existing drawing and

convert it to lisp program?

So it can be very is for my work

So please help me

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gvgbabu

• dbroada

• BIGAL

• Organic

I think you are asking how to interpret the drawing database. The .dwg file is AutoDesk's compressed database format and is difficult to read. However you can save a drawing as a DXF file where the database is converted to a text based database format. This can be interpreted and modified WITH CARE.

Do you have a PDF of the file and wish to convert it to a drawing? Is that what you mean?

I see little reason why you would want to use lisp to draw an existing drawing for which you already have. Look into the use of blocks, the design centre etc perhaps instead?

dink87522 & david

i have a drawing with numerous dimensions ( lengths, breadths and depths)

ever time they are not same they changing depending on the particular drawing but the outlook is same

i think if i know the code of this drawing and convert to a vlisp program then i can easily change the dimensions from any outside file ie excel

is it possible to get the code of autocad dwg or dxf

if yes explain it in details

thanks

The answer to your last question is no.

But if you always draw the same object but with different lengths etc then that can be achieved with lisp it comes down to replacing your drafting with questions as an example draw a rectangle 3 questions, how long, how wide and where do you want to put it.

Post a copy of your dwg and advise can then be made on how to automate it.

Just had a thought have you looked into "constraints" thes allow you to change a dimension and part will redraw.

Edited by BIGAL
constriants

Just had a thought have you looked into "constraints" thes allow you to change a dimension and part will redraw.
The OP will have to upgrade to 2011 or later to get constraints. I considered dynamic blocks to be the answer but they aren't available with 2004.

The OP will have to upgrade to 2011 or later to get constraints. I considered dynamic blocks to be the answer but they aren't available with 2004.

Constraints were introduced in 2010 I think.

Constraints were introduced in 2010 I think.
I had that in the back of my mind but I was convinced I had recently been upgraded to 2010 Electrical. A quick look at my profile confirms I wasn't so I am sure you are correct. :)

Constraints have been around for a long time but they were only available in Inventor I remember using them probably before 2004.

Any way back to post 1 please post an image etc of what your drafting.

i am attaching a dwg file, In that the length. depth and breadth of the beams are changing and reinforcement details are also changing.

i have to draw in my daily a number of beams

i am very new to vlisp

thats why i asked is there is any way from autocad to vlisp

please help me

thanks

beam.dwg

That seems fairly complicated to try to achieve with lisp. Your best option is to probably make a library for yourself with the standard/most common beams you use so you can just grab them from there and then make any job specific amendments as necessary.

I have to say I wasn't expecting something like that. Even my simple thought would, as Dink says, be difficult to do in LISP.

I would say, if you are using this as an exercise in learning LISP then start with something simpler.

If what you are after is a must have then I think you may be using the wrong version of AutoCAD. I have no knowledge of constraints so you may be able to use them and I'll let somebody else explain them. I would think dynamic blocks with a LISP might give you what you want but you will need a newer version of AutoCAD.

hi dbroada & bigal

installing new version of autocad is not at all a problem for me

explain in detail about constraints

how can they slove resolving my problem

how can we use them

thanks

it sounds like you would better spend your time learning how to do a few simple commands in autocad. if your drawings are that simple i bet it's not too hard for you to learn the quick adjustments you require.

as previous, I know nothing about constraints but in a dynamic block you can have variable sizes. I have attached a bit of TS35 DIN rail that you can have a look at (if you have 2008 onwards). Normally I insert this is to a drawing and use the grip or type a value into the properties palette to get it to the correct length but the length can also be accessed using LISP. I can't help you here though as I have only tested this aspect with VBA and I no longer have that code available - but I do know it can be done.

TerminalRail TS35.dwg

Guest kruuger

hi gvgbabu

samething like this will be helpfull. select block and use grips to change size. this can be combined with lisp to speed up block insertion

see also you tube for dynamic block and autocad constraints

kruuger

SAMPLE.dwg

The answer is all ready available there are commercial add on packages for strutural design drafting that speed up the process of drafting, I know of one Struc-plus that uses dialouge boxes that you just fill in and then asks for a pick point to draw the object at, it takes seconds to answer and literally splatt drawn. Its a small cost compared to the hours a week saved, it will pay for its self in a very short time.

http://www.cad.com.au/strucplus/strucplus.htm