Hatch does not recognize boundaries.

bbankston

I've tried redrawing the shape (which is all I could think of at this point), and I still can't get a hatch in the negative space of this extrusion.

HELP.

file attached.

ANSI31.dwg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbankston

• SLW210

• Jack_O'neill

• Glen1980

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it to work after redrawing again using mostly the polyline tool. AutoCAD can be kinda testy sometimes, can't it?

I didn't have a problem with it, but it did show a gap at this location. I would use PEDIT and join with a fuzz option to connect everything.

SLW210,

Thanks for taking a look. When I first tried to hatch the original drawing (done by someone else) it freakin' locked up my computer. I wonder why it worked on your computer?

PEDIT, huh? I need to learn more about those "type-in" commands. I take it, it means, Polyline Edit?

Hatched first time for me too. LT2010 shows gaps like SLW210's screen shot but I don't think we have fuzz command yet.

Efficiency fans might also use PE to start pedit!

Ok, here's a new twist to it all. I opened it in 2010, and it refused to hatch. Did a pedit, tried to hatch again and it squawked about there being a gap at the far left screw spline. So I "undid" all the way back to the start, used the same hatch pattern as the first time, picked a different spot and it hatched just fine.

The gap that Hulk was talking about is being caused by that vertical line not being quite tangent to the arc that starts the gasket reglet. Radius on that arc is .0345, and the vertical line is only 0.0344 from it's center. I know, I know, a 1/10,000 of an inch ain't much, but the devil is in the details.

if you list that one, it says it's a spline. when I hit pedit, it asks me if i want to turn it into a polyline, I say yes, it does, and then it hatches.

Jack_O'neill,

08 LT doesn't give me that option.

SLW210,

CAD got hung up on your suggestion.

Try the BOUNDARY command and select Region. Sounds like you may be having some memory problems, mine hesitated the slightest bit and went on and made the region.

P.S.

I tried it again and now mine has hung up. You may just have to redraw it if you do not have the spline conversion.

It is redrawn. It's fixed (see post #2). I thought you guys were trying to figure out why it wouldn't.

I was just trying to solve this, just thought you may have more to do also. I have not given up yet either. Weird how now mine is locking up on it, I may download it again seems like the first time I do it works, but if I undo and try to do it I lock up.:ouch:

Next time, just give someone a shout that has full and see if they can PEDIT and convert all to polylines and join it.

I'm just one of those guys that has to untie the knot. If it's a tangled up extension cord, a jewelry chain or something like this, I just like to see if I can untangle it.

I tried it on acad 2002 and 2010 with the same drawing. It won't fillet the 2 locations that the red circles display. In acad2010, when you try to hatch in either "select internal point" or "select objects", a message comes up "lines are coplanar". How can you bring all the lines, no matter what layer they are in, onto the same plane.

Please reply.

Bob finley