Drawing1 at Autocad startup

pvd

Hi all,

When I start my Autocad, it always opens a "drawing1", which I never use. Is there a way to turn off this option and show me the "open" window for example?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• khoshravan

• qball

• pvd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True, but it takes some time to load, that's why I wanted to get rid of it in the first place. Thanks guys!

Thanks qball, that would be nice but what exactly do you mean? Is this where I need to add the "/no logo"? (see attachment)

There is no "/no logo" in the image (ACAD 2011 properties) . I am interested to know whee does qball refers to?

qball is referring to the desktop shortcut icon used to start AutoCAD.

Just right-click on the icon and select Properties from the fly-out menu. This should then open a dialog window called AutoCAD 2011 Properties. There is a field called Target. That's where the /nologo entry is added.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acad 2010\acad.exe" /p ReMark /nologo

I supose the ReMark is the username and I typed "khoshravan" in my case as the computer user name

I typed "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acad 2010\acad.exe" /p khoshravan /nologo

and "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acad 2010\acad.exe" /khoshravan /nologo

And in both case it says the name I gave is not a valid name.

the /P is looking for a NAMED profile. In 2008 you set your profiles in the Options dialogue box but I don't know for your version.

if startup time is an issue did you know about adding /nologo in your Target on the desktop icon?

can someone please explain what this /nologo is for?

A logo appears before AutoCad comes up completely.

So the command qball mentioned just abolishes that logo and saves the time. Is it correct? I don't care about the that time save so I leave it alone.

yeah, I kind of opened up a can of worms (apologies if English is not the first language). But I thought it was kind of neat when I learned that.

The /p "username" is actually a reference to the profile that you use within ACAD...

see tools>options.profiles (tab)

Here. this might help. The /nologo goes after the last quote mark and a space

>>> ... Autocad.exe" /nologo ...

This saved me all of about 9 seconds out of my day today. I can see worrying about it if you are running an IBM Turbo XT 486 and windows 3.1, but.....

Don't put it in the Start In field, only the Target field.

If you set Startup to 1, you will get a little dialog box offering some choices of what and how to open, instead of opening drawing1.dwg automatically. If you cancel that box without opening anything, then drawing1.dwg opens anyway so what's the point?:unsure: