Is lisp Calculating?

rekoj

By the way, Le Mac, maybe there is any chance you could explain step by step meaning of functions you made in post #7. Already second day I'm trying to explore that lisp and to change the lines direction from horisontal to vertical.. But I'm really getting lost when trying to figure what anything means.. When I change it as I think it should be, the program does noncenses or doesn't work at all...

The program in post#7 uses more advanced areas of LISP, not aimed at a beginner, I posted it to demonstrate how far the program could be taken and perhaps provide some inspiration to others.

I would suggest you start with my code in either post #4, post#8 or more specifically post#17. When dissecting the code, use the Visual LISP IDE Help Documentation as a reference for each function used in the program. This short tutorial will demonstrate how you can access such help.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• rekoj

• BIGAL

• irneb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The program in post#7 uses more advanced areas of LISP, not aimed at a beginner, I posted it to demonstrate how far the program could be taken and perhaps provide some inspiration to others.

I would suggest you start with my code in either post #4, post#8 or more specifically post#17. When dissecting the code, use the Visual LISP IDE Help Documentation as a reference for each function used in the program. This short tutorial will demonstrate how you can access such help.

Thnx for your tip about LISP IDE Help Documentation, I think it will help me a lot. And also for updating program in post#7, just maybe any tip why when the program asks me to select 2-nd corner, my osnap doesn't work?

That's the pain with grread - it simply reads all mouse movements without allowing anything else to occur. That's why Lee's mentioned that it's a "fun" program but not too practical.