Block question

IsaacB

I have a block with a leader on it. It gets scaled up to match the DIMSCALE of the drawing upon inserting. However, when you BURST it the arrowhead of the leader goes back to it's original size which is really small. I have to do a DIMUPDATE and pick the leader each time to rescale it back up and make it look right. Is there something different I can do or a setting that can be changed that will keep the arrowhead the scaled up size after it's burst?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IsaacB

• dbroada

• tzframpton

• SLW210

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't answer your question, but I am wondering why you need to Burst it? And it sounds like you burst this block regurlarly, that kinda goes against the purpose of a block.

Dimensions and Multi-leaders are two separate tools. Multi-Leaders are controlled by the MLEADERSTYLE property, not the DIMSTYLE property.

I was thinking those did the same thing though when they're BURST. These are weld symbols and since you can't have multiple visibility states in one drawing sometimes they have to be BURST to edit the information that's on them. An example is the pitch of the weld. Our most common type is 2-8 but sometimes it's 2-6 but I didn't want to make a visibility list a mile long with stuff to pick for each type of weld so I just picked our most common ones and if they have to be BURST to be changed on occasion then so be it.

I hope you are kidding!! :ouch:

I often have multiple visibility states, the OOTB tool palette has a dynamic weld symbol, give it a look.

How do you have multiple visibility states? You can't add more than one visibility state to a Dynamic Block in Block Editor.....

why not have the pitch as an attribute? You can't have hide attributes with different visibility states but you can have attribute always on display.

How do you have multiple visibility states? You can't add more than one visibility state to a Dynamic Block in Block Editor.....
You can only have one visibility parameter but it can have many states.

You can only have one visibility parameter but it can have many entries.

Yeah but he said he had multiple visibility states. I have several visibility parameters now for all these welds, Fillet NS, Fillet FS, Fillet NS/FS.... with tails, without tails, with pitch, without, etc. etc. If I make them attributes then the box pops up every time it's inserted. I might give that a try though and see. I'm also going to check into the tool pallete with them.

Yeah but he said he had multiple visibility states. I have several visibility parameters now for all these welds, Fillet NS, Fillet FS, Fillet NS/FS.... with tails, without tails, with pitch, without, etc. etc. If I make them attributes then the box pops up every time it's inserted. I might give that a try though and see. I'm also going to check into the tool pallete with them.

Once you place it in the drawing you don't have to keep going back to the Tool Palette. Just use COPY from that point on. Sometimes we all must sacrifice comfortable AutoCAD practices for sake of productivity. ;)

we are getting terminology confused here. The parameter is what you add to your block and you can only have one per block. You assign several visibility states to the one parameter. While an attribute can be put in a visibility set it doesn't give consistant results so it is better to leave them permanently displayed.

Provided you don't want the attribute box to pop up for any block you can do what I do and set ATTREQ=0.

dbroada has saved you! I still do see the point in BURSTING. Use F1 and learn the terminology, then others will be able to provide proper answers.

You can only have one visibility parameter but it can have many states.

our set up is that we do a leader based on our standard dimensioning practices in paperspace and then insert the applicable weld symbol which is an attributed block with such information as depth and length ...

we are getting terminology confused here. The parameter is what you add to your block and you can only have one per block. You assign several visibility states to the one parameter. While an attribute can be put in a visibility set it doesn't give consistant results so it is better to leave them permanently displayed.

Provided you don't want the attribute box to pop up for any block you can do what I do and set ATTREQ=0.

parameter, state... got em flip flopped. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

There are other blocks that need the pop up when inserted so I was trying to avoid using attributes with this one if I could.

Here it is if you want to check it out. Maybe there's a better way to do it than what I am. I made it to where it can be moved and rotated around and you could select multiple welds. What would be nice is if once you selected the weld THEN the attribute editor pops up but they don't play nice together.

WeldBlockRight.dwg

dbroada has saved you! I still do see the point in BURSTING. Use F1 and learn the terminology, then others will be able to provide proper answers.

I know the terminology. Just got em criss crossed.

Why not just use a Multi-Leader instead?

That did it, Thanks! I've never used those before and didn't know about the MLEADERSTYLE property settings.