• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Wilbri

• Tyke

• Tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 5 seats for ProgeCAD 2006 Professional. We had to have the software to run the clients VBA routines. ProgeCAd "can run" LISP and VBA, but not LISP and VBA that have been developed for AutoCAD.

I see no trouble with posting questions about ProgeCAD here, other softwares have been discussed previously without trouble.

If it was a Mod-answer you were waiting for :wink:

Tyke: Actually you probably can but it won't be me you would be helping. I asked on behalf of another forum member who I correspond with from time to time (via email) on CAD-related topics.

Tiger: Thanks. That's what I thought but I wanted to check first. The member I previously mentioned was concerned that posting questions regarding progeCAD here at CT might be inappropriate.

Mark, the field foreman who's office is next to mine runs ProgeCAD Smart!, the freebie version and he does just fine. When you plot, it puts a watermark at the top and bottom of the sheet stating that it's for free use only. That would be the only downfall.

But it works, looks, and feels like AutoCAD. ProgeCAD Smart! doesn't run as smoothly as AutoCAD but no complaints when you're using it for the particular use we are.

IIRC the problem was that Anthesis or what-ever her name was. He/she was trying to post an alternative site to download and use it for commercial jobs which you are not supposed to do. They then put on their "victim" suit and went all ex-girlfriend crazy!

No, no problem in asking questions about other applications.

IIRC the problem was that Anthesis or what-ever her name was.

Oh my GOSH I remember that idiot. She was the devil reincarnated on this site.

Thanks everyone for your input. I am going to suggest to my friend that he post his questions here directly thus eliminating the middleman (me!). Is the Catch All forum the best place to do so?

Antithesis...yep, I remember her too.

Thanks everyone for your input. I am going to suggest to my friend that he post his questions here directly thus eliminating the middleman (me!). Is the Catch All forum the best place to do so?

I would say so yes.

Thank you Remark for your assistance in undertaking to investigate the possibility of my participation on CADTutor.

And thank you to the participating moderators and senior members for agreeing to allow me access to this section of the forum for the purpose of discussion regarding projeCAD application.

Although the following may to most, not be of any consequence, I have nevertheless decided to include it.

I am a retired mechanical draftsman/design engineer with 16 odd years spent on the "plank" (drawing board) and after some 18odd years away from drafting, opted to become familiar with CAD.

I have been an AutoCad user (employers software) since 1993 and have operated R14, 95LT, 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2007 since that time.

Due to the iniquitous cost of AutoCad in this country most private individuals are unable to afford the cost for private use and as a consequence many have opted to use "pirated" software which is freely available. AutoCad 2010 would have cost me $US 6000 which I could not justify.:shock:

I have therefore opted to purchase a licensed version of projeCAD 2010 Professional at $US 350 which agreed, does not have all the "bells and whistles" that AutoCad posesses and which I still personally prefer, but nevertheless provides very adequate platform to enable me to continue using an AutoCad based program.

I can draw and save drawings up to AutoCad 2010 at present and also able to directly open AutoCad generated drawings.

I decided to opt out of CADTutor around the end of 2010 until Remark recently suggested that it might be be possible that I could participate on this site as a projeCAD user.

I look forward to once again participated as an accepted member of CADTutor. Who knows, maybe I win the jackpot tomorrow and become an AutoCad user once again. Lol!

Given your past experience with AutoCAD I believe you can still contribute a wealth of knowledge to this site.

It's good to have you back amongst us Wilbri.

Assistance required.

I have attempted to introduce my first topic in which I would like to attach some copies of single PDF format drawings as examples, a screen shot of my setup and an copy of my drawing progeCAD drawing layout saved as Acad 2007, but am having trouble following the required attachment procedures.

Look forward to some help here?

Welcome back Wilbri and thanks to ReMark for being able to persuade you to come back.

If you haven't already purchased your copy of ProgeCAD have a look at BricsCAD. Allegedly it can run AutoCAD LISP and VBA routines without modification which means you can make use of all the routines on this site. I can't vouch for that as I've not tried it myself, perhaps some other members here have experience with BricsCAD.

Good luck.