HARDWARE CHAT - Graphics Card

boxel0

Well, like I said, I really don't think moving to a 64 bit OS and adding more RAM is going to solve this problem. It won't hurt to upgrade, but I think you will spend the money, do the upgrade and still have the same problem.

There are many factors that could be contributing to this issue that have nothing to do with your operating system or the amount of RAM you have.

For instance:

1. You could have some bad geometry somewhere in your scene

2. You may have some objects that need to have their Xform reset

3. Your model may be far away from the X0,Y0,Z0 origin

4. The models pivot point might be well outside the object

5. Max may not have installed correctly. You might need to run a Repair or Reinstall

6. There could be an issue with your mouse

So, lets review.

You upgraded your video drivers and installed the service packs. Do you still have the panning and zooming problem? yes or no?

If you're still having the problem:

1. Does this happen in all files or just a few?

2. Are you working on simple models or large scenes with millions of polygons?

3. Are your models at the origin point or far away?

I've asked these questions already but you have not answered them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boxel0

• Cad64

• ReMark

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens to all files i have used,

I am working on small to medium files biggest file is 52,000 poly

I make sure i start at 0,0

I have a really cheap graphics card i feel like this is gona be the issue

I have a really cheap graphics card i feel like this is gona be the issue

Well, that is a very good possibility, and I would start by upgrading the card first. But make sure your power supply has enough juice to run whatever card you get. You may need to upgrade that too. Then, if the new card solves the problem, maybe you won't need to upgrade your OS and RAM for a while. Or, maybe you want to upgrade anyway, that's up to you. But you should definitely try to solve the problem before throwing a lot of money into your system unnecessarily. You should have no trouble at all working on models with a 52,000 poly count on a 32 bit machine with 3GB RAM. Your render times will still be a little slow, but your panning and zooming should work fine.

I have the Quadro 600, it should work fine for your needs. I believe the card you have now is integrated and going to the Quadaro 600 should free up some of your system RAM.

fine,

Opinion---- From what i have seen Switching to the 2012 version of all Autodesk products greatly increases performance, system compatability, and over all system stability.

products used to realize this...

the statement relies on your computer specifications as well.. dont expect anything if your running a celeron D

Autocad from 2011 switch to 2012

3dsMax 2011 switch to 2012

Autodesk Revit Structure 2010-2012

-----

not to mention the testaments of countless buddys of mine that use products that i dont use. they give Autodesk 2011-2012 switch a thumbs up.

Well i have bought and fitted a Quadro 600 graphics card and it seems to have sorted out the problem !

My PC is still slow but when it comes to panning and orbiting in my scene everything is perfect !

Well i have bought and fitted a Quadro 600 graphics card and it seems to have sorted out the problem !

My PC is still slow but when it comes to panning and orbiting in my scene everything is perfect !

Good to hear you have that sorted. :thumbsup: