• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chulse

• ReMark

• eldon

• rustysilo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've ran into the same situation myself with points, feature lines and grading. Is the point on a layer with other points? I found that by doing a quickselect of all layer items, I was able to delete the item.

It's a white hole (if you're using a black background). It's a black hole (if you're using a white background).:huh: That big atom smasher over in Europe is responsible.:o Let's kill all the scientists...let's kill 'em tonight.:twisted: Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men.:twisted: :twisted: The Phantom knows!:shock: Wahhahhahhahhah.:lol: :lol:

It's a white hole (if you're using a black background). It's a black hole (if you're using a white background).:huh: That big atom smasher over in Europe is responsible.:o Let's kill all the scientists...let's kill 'em tonight.:twisted: Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men.:twisted: :twisted: The Phantom knows!:shock: Wahhahhahhahhah.:lol: :lol:

Dude- ease up on the coffee!:shock:

White Hole about sums it up- I can't select it, don't know what layer it's on or what it is or where it came from...

Darned atom smasher...:x

Thanks for the head slap chulse I needed that. Caffenine withdrawal.

Is it just one drawing or every drawing? If it appears in more than one drawing does it show up in the exact same location?

Could it be dead pixels that only show up when the background is completely black?

I'm running vanilla 2009 so I just went and turned off all my layers, except Defpoints, and did not observe anything similar. I use a black background just like you. Once you go black you never go back.

Oh, try this: change the background to white. Do you still observe anything onscreen? If so, is it black?

Uggly! White background... and now a BLACK HOLE int he screen!

Ok, back to black and all is right with the world (at least on screen...don't get me started...)

Still there. Only on some drawings and not others. Not always int he same place either.

OK...the fun is over. What the heck did you put out there? I zoomed the heck out of it and in so doing my cross hairs went all zooey and the object (UFO - Unidentified Freakin' Object) started twisting and turning and then it finally broke up and disappeared off the screen! Dude...this drawing is on acid! LSD! Something!

Alright...fess up. What did you do?

OK. When the ucs is reoriented it looks like a cone with a line coming out of it. Sort of like an arrowhead. But I still can't select it. Defpoints layer maybe?

A reference guide like the UCS icon perhaps?

I can't take much more of this without hitting the hard stuff. At least I'll have an excuse. Did you look at it from a different perspective too?

I have not seen it in '08 either. It was in the green box...

I will have to look at it in perspective - I have not yet...

Glad I could make your Friday interesting...:)

No, I couldn't select it for listing, but when I put the cross-hairs on it, a small box came up on the screen with the information. :?

You can switch it off with the GEOMARKERVISIBILTY variable. I typed geo-marker into Google and came up with this info.