How to quickly view folders full of drawings without having to open each one?

buildman

How can I automate this process? I'm double clicking a .dwg file in Windows Explorer that want displat the image, the file opens in Autocad LT 2012, I click File>Save as> then I click Yes to this file already exist and do I want to replace the file, I click Yes and then the last step is close the file. After all this the file will display in Explorer.

This was OK until I started on a whole folder full of electrical block drawings, how can I speed this up. I read some about the scripts and I can't find exactly how to do this, if I ever do one then I'll have it, some help would be appreciated.

Thanks

James

How urgent is your need? Now? a week from now?

I can add a little something to one or the other of my programs that could make this a snap.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buildman

• Jack_O'neill

• Patrick Hughes

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Try CADieu+ Viewer not sure if it works on LT but worth a shot I guess.

I found the program but it want run on Windows 7, 64 bit, I went into Windows Virtual PC that I have installed on my computer and that lets me run programs in Windows XP mode, the program installs on there but it's not much use that way because I would have to install Autocad in Virtual PC also, to much of a problem to mess with and that's in 32 bits, looks like the program would be of some use if it could be installed in Windows 7.

Hey we tried, thanks for pointing me to the program, I love these little helper applications.

James

How urgent is your need? Now? a week from now?

I can add a little something to one or the other of my programs that could make this a snap.

Patrick;

I'm retired, time I have, I'll just keep on plugging along, whenever you get it done it will be of use no matter when it comes, this problem is not going away.

I really appreciate the offer and I'll be waiting with bated breath.

James