Can't Eliminate a Floating Toolbar

Acemon

You are correct about the button. Once upon a time it worked and the Classic dialogue box would appear. As to what happened to change it, I have no clue.

Typing _CLASSICLAYER at the command line brings up the correct-style box, but once I close it, the Layer Properties button continues to bring up the "wrong" one.

As long as you keep using the ribbon, that is always going to be the Layers Properties Manager that opens. It is the "correct" one for that button. Just create a custom button for _CLASSICLAYER.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Acemon

• SLW210

• DNK

• DANIEL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as you keep using the ribbon, that is always going to be the Layers Properties Manager that opens. It is the "correct" one for that button. Just create a custom button for _CLASSICLAYER.

Now... this is going to appear an odd request, but is there a way to "reprogram" the existing button to open the classic dialogue box? I've used ACAD for a long time, and even wrote macros back in the Release 14 days, but creating new buttons or reconfiguring existing buttons is not something I've done (yet).

Think of it like someone who can drive a car but can't fix it. I can fix a car but I'm not very good at "fixing" the UI.

Now... this is going to appear an odd request, but is there a way to "reprogram" the existing button to open the classic dialogue box? I've used ACAD for a long time, and even wrote macros back in the Release 14 days, but creating new buttons or reconfiguring existing buttons is not something I've done (yet).

Think of it like someone who can drive a car but can't fix it. I can fix a car but I'm not very good at "fixing" the UI.

CUI gets you into the custom user interface dialog box. Here is where you can redefine the macro of the existing button.

CUI gets you into the custom user interface dialog box. Here is where you can redefine the macro of the existing button.

The existing macro is "

$M=$(if,$(and,$(>,$(getvar,LayerManagerState),0)),^C^C'_LayerClose,^C^C'_Layer)"

If I type _classiclayer at the command prompt I get the interface I want. If I type _layer at the prompt I get the existing (unwanted) interface. I tried substituting _classiclayer for _layer in the macro but nothing changed.

Where/how am I going wrong?

There are two commands with the same button images and same macro, Layer Properties and Layer Properties Manager. Double check that the macro you modify is the one for the button you are using.

My many thanks to all who have offered suggestions, but I think at this point I have a semi-workaround. I have the menu set as floating, non-docking, and auto-transparent. It's pushed over to the left as far as it will go. When I need to manipulate layers, I hover the cursor over the bar and the "classic" layer properties manager window appears. I make the changes, then move my cursor away and the box disappears, so it might actually work better for me than the way I wanted.

There are other things I have to get used to with LT and this is just one of them.

Again, many thanks.