Layer split in several layers

luiscarneirorm

Used the function that you put the two posts ago, is necessary to do something to activate this function?

a modification that I also needed to do is perform this function also for the layer "Cheio"

but this problem is not too serious because I can duplicate the function and changing its name from the layer it will scan:)

I see. ok then. you think you can handle the "Too_large" condition? have to step out for lunch. i'll be back an hour or so..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luiscarneirorm

• pBe

• BIGAL

• Jeff H

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see. ok then. you think you can handle the "Too_large" condition? have to step out for lunch. i'll be back an hour or so..

with this condition I do not know how I can get around it :oops:

I was saying that he could solve the problem of performing the function for the "base" layer, and the "cheio" layer, though not the best way to do this, I just copied the whole function and replace "base" for "cheio", and use the first version and then the other, If you can modify the function to treat the two layers then better, but this is not an issue I worry too much.

Enjoy your meal :beer:

This drawing I show below, the horizontal lines of the text boxes that limit, have more than 200, so do not fit in the recording area of the lens, just have to be placed in a "special" layer, to be dealt with later.

placa3.dxf

The circlemark you indicated as "curios" falls on category two.these are overlapping entities which means these entities are shown on both window. so they are two different layers.I made it that way so you wont lose information on both window.

If you use the updated code the higher numbered layer will take precedence. and wont be shown on the previous window it was before.

whcih one do your prefer Luis?

The circlemark you indicated as "curios" falls on category two.these are overlapping entities which means these entities are shown on both window. so they are two different layers.I made it that way so you wont lose information on both window.

If you use the updated code the higher numbered layer will take precedence. and wont be shown on the previous window it was before.

whcih one do your prefer Luis?

I'm so sorry but still had not tested the code in post # 8, but it seems to me that this is just what I performs better:D

Okay lets cheat so you can use it for now. i'll "fissit" later during cleanup. :lol:

give me a minute

EDIT:

Code UPDATED:

* SP2B for Base

* SP2C for "Cheio"

* Too_large layer for entiities that are "too large" :D

Reminder: this quick fix is tailor made for drawings similar to you DXF sample. By the time ii'm done with the cleanup it will include error trapping and a more elegant solution for "outsiders"

Hope this helps

Edited by pBe
See previous uploaded lisp routine

With the design that I put here as an example the function works correctly, but with the design that I really have to deal with (can not put here for reasons of confidentiality) happens to me this error:

>>>.........SplitToLayer.lsp is now loaded..........

Type SP2B to Base Layer... Type SP2C to Cheio Layer...

Command:

Command: sp2c

Enter Distance :

; error: ActiveX Server returned the error: unknown name: Length

:(

I was now doing some more tests with the design laid out here but with some changes, and noticed that the function does exactly what I wanted, possibly my explanation was not very good :oops: what I wanted was that it is the function entities of the layer "cheio", and then the entities of the base layer or contrariwise.

but the question that worried me most was that the entities "too large" seems to be ok

and I think not myself clear, but the code that I liked most was the post # 8, this code can only implement the issue of "too large"?

Edited by luiscarneirorm

With the design that I put here as an example the function works correctly, but with the design that I really have to deal with (can not put here for reasons of confidentiality) happens to me this error:

I was now doing some more tests with the design laid out here but with some changes, and noticed that the function does exactly what I wanted, possibly my explanation was not very good :oops: what I wanted was that it is the function entities of the layer "cheio", and then the entities of the base layer or contrariwise.

but the question that worried me most was that the entities "too large" seems to be ok

and I think not myself clear, but the code that I liked most was the post # 8, this code can only implement the issue of "too large"?

Luis, here's the plan, remember what Jeff H says about bounding box? we can do that but not for every object but only those that are selected twice, or another approach is anything selected more that twice will be considered Too_Large.

Since i dont have any idea how your drawing looks like. i intend to use the latter approach. the result would be:

Objects selected twice-> objects will be on two different layers

Objects selected more than twice.-> objects will be considered as too_large

One other thing you mentioned that you modifed the selection filter to include not just polyliens/circles, can you show me what that is?

Also keep in mind, that code posted at post #8 doesnt create another layer for overlapping entities. is that what you really want?

Now it would be nice if you have Express Tools, we can incorporate extrim to cleanup the entities

Also keep in mind, that code posted at post #8 doesnt create another layer for overlapping entities. is that what you really want?

I think if you could include in the code in post #8, the "too large" option, as it is in post #17 code (if possible do it) that would be interesting to me. :P

One other thing you mentioned that you modifed the selection filter to include not just polyliens/circles, can you show me what that is?

I replace it:

'((0 . "LWPOLYLINE,CIRCLE"))

for this:

'((0 . "ARC,CIRCLE,ELLIPSE,LINE,*POLYLINE,SPLINE"))

in the ssget function :D

and yes, I have the express tools.

no it is not necessary. you receive my MP?

Got your PM.

Code at Post #17 UPDATED

Type STL to run......

Revision:

Objects selected twice would be tested for size if not large enough it will be on the hihger numbered layer.

The Box cleanup wont be necesary anymore as we're not creating a copy of the overlapping entities. Try it for now and if you find the need for option of two instances of overlapping enitities just holler.

Cheers

Got your PM.

Code at Post #17 UPDATED

Type STL to run......

Revision:

Objects selected twice would be tested for size if not large enough it will be on the hihger numbered layer.

The Box cleanup wont be necesary anymore as we're not creating a copy of the overlapping entities. Try it for now and if you find the need for option of two instances of overlapping enitities just holler.

Cheers

:(

I wanted only those entities that were in the base layer to be treated, is it possible?

Take a look at these drawings, placa4 its the original, and placa5 its after apply your function, I put some notes here 8)

placa4.zip

placa5.zip

Change:

'((0 . "ARC,CIRCLE,ELLIPSE,LINE,*POLYLINE,SPLINE")(8 . "~Too_large")))

To:

[color=blue](list [/color]'(0 . "ARC,CIRCLE,ELLIPSE,LINE,*POLYLINE,SPLINE")'(8 . "~Too_large")[color=blue](cons 8 layern)[/color])

I looked at the attached file Tell you what, it will loads easier if you use a block for your "FRAME". that way the routine will search for this blocks and process everything inside the box. but i dont think thats what you want either :D. but i dont quite undertand the random grouping you had on your drawing, so the routine wont understand it either.

The program does everything under a set of conditions, I drew a 200x200 grid starting from 0,0 and it does what its supposed to do. again under a specific set of conditions.

Tell me, how did your drawing ended up like it is to start with? :)

Edited by pBe

Change:

'((0 . "ARC,CIRCLE,ELLIPSE,LINE,*POLYLINE,SPLINE")(8 . "~Too_large")))

To:

[color=blue](list [/color]'(0 . "ARC,CIRCLE,ELLIPSE,LINE,*POLYLINE,SPLINE")'(8 . "~Too_large")[color=blue](cons 8 layern)[/color])

In the code of 17# post?

I did it, but now the "too large" option, does not work :(

Tell me, how did your drawing ended up like it is to start with? :)

Don´t understund your question:oops: sorry:oops::oops::oops:

oops :)

(list '(0 . "ARC,CIRCLE,ELLIPSE,LINE,*POLYLINE,SPLINE")'(8 . "~Too_large")(cons 8 [color=blue](strcat layern "*")[/color]))

As for the question, what i'm trying to say is, Random doesnt always work with Sequential routine especially without user input. lets pause for a while and think about it. "How would set up my RAW drawing to work with sequential routine without user intervention ? " aaahhh YES! make the RAW drawing on a grid (if possible) OR create a complex routine to adapt to random mode. which one is easier.... ponder ponder..."

um, I know that maybe is too complicated, but what I really needed was that the scan was "smart" ...

I'm not sure how to explain, perhaps seeing the next drawing (plus one:o) understand.

I put some notes in the drawing to try to explain

placa6.dxf