Help me. Newbie. Layers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOST NEWBIE

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30090[/ATTACH]Something like this. Where do you begin if your professor wants you to draw it to the give dimension?

Something isn't quite right here at the base of the calipers.

Edited by ReMark

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LOST NEWBIE

• ReMark

• resullins

• RocketSurgeon

I am taking the technical drawing class at tech for my engineering program. 4 weeks in and I have finally got him to do a drawing with the class. The whole class was only able to do about one drawing with him helping all the way through class 3 hours long. We have about 30 plus to due over the next month. I i truly had no idea were to start. I will have to do a lot of playing with it. I don't want anyone to do my drawings I want to see how things are done to apply them to my drawings. How can I show you what i am working on from my autocad program or from my flashdrive. Once again thanks for everyone who helps!

Start with clicking on the Go Advanced button in the lower right-hand corner of the Quick Reply box. Then look for the Paperclip icon. You'll have to upload your image or dwg file using the Browse button to find it. Attach your file and click OK. There is a Preview button too.

thanks ReMark also my drawing in my model space is way too big right now how do i change that so i can see the whole caused i am zoomed out a far as possible.

I am working in the model space and the drawing i am working on is too large to see all of it . How do i fix so i can see the whole drawing a am working on?

I figured it out type limits specify the first corner as the orgin and specify the next corner larger then the object being drawn and then you should be able to zoom out to the point where you can see the whole drawing

Or, type Z then hit enter, E then hit enter. The Z brings up the ZOOM command, the E specifies EXTENTS. It will zoom out to the extents of the drawing.

Also, if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, you can actually double-click the scroll wheel and it will do the same thing.

IMG_20110926_154051.jpgI really need to find some step by step tutorials on examples like these from start to finish so I can teach myself. I know how to do the basic stuff. I mean basic stuff. I have spent hours reading and trying to find some. My book sucks cause it does not tell you have to put things together. If you know some places i can go to it would be a life saver. Thanks

IMG_20110925_123509.jpg

I don't see what the problem is. Take it a step at a time and do it logically. Start with laying out centerlines first then start adding the geometry. If you use circles instead of arcs then trim away what you don't need. Become familiar with the Circle > Tan-Tan-Radius command too. It can be a life-saver.

So let's start with the first one. What would you do first? Where do you see yourself having a problem?

ok i drew my center line for my circle and made my first circle on it ,and on that same center line and spaced my polygon 82 over to the right, i made my polygon(6 sided) on it (centerline/construction=green layer circle and polygon on object layer=white). If that is right I think i should finish the circles? How to do the all at the same time or aleast the bottom three below the center line