"EXPLODE" not working properly

blatz.boy

Okay, let me lay out the information I have and hopefully someone can make sense of it:

1) When "explode" is typed at the command line, or picked from the modify tab on the ribbon, or selected from the modify pulldown, a message appears "unknown command."

2) In the Alias Edit there is no "xplode" command.

3) I have loaded partial customization files so that I can retain my pulldown menus (as per Michael's Corner #95), but have not changed anything else with the CUI.

4) In the CUI, there is an explode command showing a source of ADT_Modify. The area to the left of the command is now blank, but a co-workers workstation (which is working satisfactorily) shows a question mark to the left.

5) There is another explode command with the "exploded box" to the left showing a source of ACA.

6) In the Alias Edit the shortcut key "x" shows being linked to AutoCAD Command "explode." But as mentioned before "explode" selected any other way is unrecognized.

I understand the differences between "explode," "xplode," and "burst." But it appears that for some reason I no longer have the ability to use "explode." I have temporarily modified my Alias Edit for "x" to link to "xplode," but I would really like to still be able to use the "explode" command sometimes too.

Any suggestions out there?? Thanks.

It may have been redefined by your company. Type the command with the . (dot) in front, .explode.

Otherwise it could be demandload is not set to 3.

Checked and demandload is set to 3, but adding the "dot" worked for me. Thanks. BTW, what is the function of the dot, or how did adding the dot make the command work.

-Anthony

Checked and demandload is set to 3, but adding the "dot" worked for me. Thanks. BTW, what is the function of the dot, or how did adding the dot make the command work.

-Anthony

The period before any command tells it to ignore any redefinitions of the command and call the core command function.

Okay, it worked when I typed .explode on the command line, but I revised my aliasedit to refer to .explode when "x" is typed, but then when "x" is typed it stills tells me its and unknown command.

-Anthony