Need a way to change the version of DWG files

CNatka

I had to let my dumb cousin help me build a shed in my back yard. He was on the other side of it nailing up siding as I walked around to tell him we should go in to get some iced tea. There he was, nailing away. Every once in a while he'd toss a nail into the scrap bucket. I asked him what the heck he thought he was doin'. He says "Them nails is bad. Half of 'em has the head on the wrong end. I grabbed him by the collar and hollered, "You dumb a$$, those nails are for the other side of the shed!"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CNatka

• Dana W

• Jack_O'neill

• mammajamma

Great comments, experiences, and knowledge.

But I want to assure you all one thing that my big boss is extremely brilliant and have a great business sense.

And he is not paying me for just to put me busy in useless things.

My boss is great person too.

Well, he may be a great person and a very knowledgeable businessman, but apparently he knows nothing of Autocad or computer operating systems because the Autocad dwg drawing format does not care if you're on a 32 bit operating system or a 64 bit operating system. It works the same regardless. And as for converting 2008 drawings to 2012, there is no point. 2012 can open drawings created in 2008 without any conversion necessary. Now, if he wants you to open these drawings, create a new layer and insert images, that's something completely different from what you originally stated in your opening question. That is a relevant and necessary task, but you will have to talk to one of our lisp guy's about how to automate it.

Great comments, experiences, and knowledge.

But I want to assure you all one thing that my big boss is extremely brilliant and have a great business sense.

And he is not paying me for just to put me busy in useless things.

My boss is great person too.

Well, my last boss was a jerk, but he was smart. Anyway, the modifications he wants you to make to all these drawings is probably a valid task, but if it is just being done to somehow "Change" the dwg's to 64 bit versions then he needs to expand his education about computers. Or, maybe he just want's to memorialize the day he bought the 64 bit software.