AutoCAD snapping to origin problem

Ward Johnson

I have just developed a problem where I can only snap to the origin regardless of where my cursor is. I have tried snapping to midpoints, endpoints, centers, etc. it always selects the origin. I even tried to cange the origin to a point I want to draw from, but it sends me right back to the original origin.

I made no changes in the software setup - it started when I opened an existing drawing, and now it affects any drawing I start or open.

I cannot get anything done.

More details...

Are you using the line command or?

So you have endpoint set as an osnap, pick the end of a line and instead your cursor is at 0,0?

Any other details of what you are doing will help us with this.

I am using the line command and it appears that the beginning point of the line is offset from the point that I pick. I have checked and unchecked the "ignore z values" box and have tried several UCS commands without any results. The beginning point is offset in both the X and Y directions and drawing in the Z plane is not possible.