Structural Drafting With Autocad, help with the last 3 plates

paisis123

I've never asked this before but when a student receives a grade are they also made aware of where they may have come up short? Do you get any kind of explanation as to why you got the grade you did?

I sent Penn-Foster at least a dozen emails about the structural project pointing out errors, omissions and places where the instructions made no sense. I did not receive a response to any of the emails. Were you contacted at any time with updates or new information regarding the project?

Personally, I would not look at it from the viewpoint that you did not do well. I think much of the fault lies with the instructions and with the instructors as well.

I've never asked this before but when a student receives a grade are they also made aware of where they may have come up short? Do you get any kind of explanation as to why you got the grade you did?

I sent Penn-Foster at least a dozen emails about the structural project pointing out errors, omissions and places where the instructions made no sense. I did not receive a response to any of the emails. Were you contacted at any time with updates or new information regarding the project?

Personally, I would not look at it from the viewpoint that you did not do well. I think much of the fault lies with the instructions and with the instructors as well.

Yes. Penn Foster has also asked me to resubmit a drawing with the corrections as indicated. In one case, my dimensions were off and I needed to correct the drawing, then resubmit for a different grade. And yes, the original grade stood, as well as the new grade. As for the wrong dimensions, I misunderstood part of the notes, (I agree, their materials are lacking in clarity at times....) and needed to redraw one of the plates, (structural).

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with this point, I can not figure out what to draw

Box out the title block by drawing a line 1″ from

the border’s right side. Draw it on Layer Border2,

assigning this layer a green color and a continuous

linetype. As an alternative, you could OFFSET the

border line 1″, use CHPROP to change the new polyline to Layer Border2, EXPLODE the polyline, ERASE

the top, and EXTEND the line to the cyan border.

my problem is because my English is not so good sometimes

P-F Titleblock.jpg

This is what one student came up with. He placed it vertically on the right-hand side of his sheet. So imagine it turned 90 deg to the left using the lower left hand corner as your pivot point.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry but the image is difficult to see clearly therefore I cannot comment one way or the other.

Penn-Foster leaves this so vague its possible to come up with more than one way to show the rebar.

51197131_054040.doc

Sorry it took forever to reply remark, i have been busy with other things...if the attachment worked that is the only thing i received telling me what i goofed up on, problem is i dont have microsoft word on my computer so i can only look at it in read only and cant zoom in far enough to see it. i just want to be done with this school so i can learn the right way to use autocad, not from some jacked up "school" like penn foster.

No problem. I appreciate the document. Too bad they crammed everything onto one page though as it makes it very tough to read.

So, have you finished your course of study with P-F?

no i have not, i just turned in the hvac project yesterday and i'm working on the electrical now. all i have left is civil, electrical and the elective project.

• 4 weeks later...

im working on the structural project, plate6. i was wondering if i am doing this right? it says show how the beam is connected to the girder. so is that just the angle bracket that shows the girder connected to the C9x20? and also the vertical beams?

They are not vertical beams; they're called columns.

Aren't the beams that run east/west supposed to clip into the column? I don't think the design has one beam clipped into another.

Don't the C9x20 channels sit on the top of the bottom flange of the W12x45 girders? You have your C9 centered between the flanges. Check the instructions.

It looks like you have your concrete, rebar, decking and ceiling passing right through you column. That would be incorrect.

Sorry, but I don't think the image above is correct. There are no beam to beam connections on the interior. All beams connect to columns don't they?

i dont know? penn foster just assumes we should know all this, i have no idea how its supposed to work or it would be right the first time. hence the many questions

Look at the plan view of your column layout.

Do you see any beams that do NOT terminate either at the face of flange on a column or at the face of the web of a column?

Unfortunately I've got to go out into the plant for a couple of hours so I have but 10 minutes left to assist.

Tag. You're it.

Time now 2:16 pm EDST