Structural Drafting With Autocad, help with the last 3 plates

paisis123

It does say it as it is evident from the plan view. What you have shown above is still incorrect. The girder would stop on either side of the column and be clipped to the face of flange. As far as the girder shown coming towards the viewer clips would be bolted to the web and the the top/bottom flange.

Why are you showing siding on an interior column?

Are you asking us or telling us?

Left: looks OK but if that is an interior column in the background then there would be no vertical metal siding attached. The vertical siding is on the perimeter columns.

Right: a bit difficult to see due to the face it looks like some of your dimensions are literally on top of each other or squeezed in wherever you could fit them. I could see points be taken off for that.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am working on that project for I dont know how long and I am so tired of it. I have no experience in construction so I dont really know how everything should look like. mostly I am using Google :). Is there any way I could send it to you for review?

Could somebody take a look on that?

Thank you

You can post images of your drawing. I would not recommend attaching an actual DWG file as another student who is pressed for time may "borrow" it. Know what I mean?

For starters your last detail is incorrect. Those clips would be right up against the web of the beam. Additionally the ends of the channels would not be flush with the end of the clip. There has to be some space (the 1" you show) between the web of the beam and the end of the channel to fit the channel between the beams they are connecting to. Refer to post #125 above.

The extension lines on your dimensions should go slightly past the end of your arrowheads too.

Yes, kind of. Why does it look like your angle clip has a 1" thickness (should be 1/2") and why wouldn't the lines representing the holes in the clip be dashed?

Your dimension text needs some adjustment as right now they sit right on top of the dimension line. You might want to coordinate the height of your dimension text and your other text. Pick one size and use it for both. Dimension text appears to be three times that of your text.

hi, should it be the same size? and i am not sure but i think the metal sinidg is attached to the girders, right? so do i draw the columns that are behind?

Thank you

Your dimension text height compared to the text height of the callouts (ex. - 1/2" THK 4X6 WIDE ANGLE) is much larger. I would consider decreasing the height of the dimension text. Doesn't the instructions tell you what height(s) to use?