Attributes won't show up -help?

karasmith

Hello,

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2010 and I'm trying to create attributes for a title block (sheet title, project #, etc.) and I can't get the attribute to show up. I do not have "invisible" checked, and I can't think of what else the problem might be. When I create a block with the attribute inside a box, the box shows up but the text does not. I'd really appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

When you were creating the block you had to select the objects both geometry and attributes. Did you?

Did you create your block on layer 0?

Do you have any layers that are frozen or turned off in your drawing?

Thank you all for your help! I somehow resolved the problem soon after I posted by doing the same thing in another file -so I'm not sure what the issue was. I'll have to go back and try your advice and see what I can learn.

Here's a question I've been wondering: Why are people on forums such as this one so helpful as to answer people's problems with no incentive other than goodwill? I dunno but it's awesome.

Here's a question I've been wondering: Why are people on forums such as this one so helpful as to answer people's problems with no incentive other than goodwill? I dunno but it's awesome.

Have the kids today never heard of the Golden Rule? Not the one about "He who has the gold makes the rules."

I would guess that something greater then 90% of what I know about various CAD programs is as a result in participating in forums like this.

In your own little world you learn what "works" and tend to become myopic. But by trying to solve other people's problems you learn things you otherwise would not have learned.

So you see, it is purely a selfish act to help others. 8)

Try _ATTSYNC or _ATTREDEF
Yep should've though of that as well :oops: ... similar command in BAttMan (stands for Block Attribute Manager ... not to be confused with the caped hero), which I also use to rename attributes.

Thank you all for your help! I somehow resolved the problem soon after I posted by doing the same thing in another file -so I'm not sure what the issue was. I'll have to go back and try your advice and see what I can learn.

As the others have noted, it's not necessarily altruistic ... this post shows an example where I just got re-tought a thing which I've forgotten a while back.

Generally, you can only get to a particular level of expertise on your own and through tutorials / manuals / courses. Then asking questions in forums take you a step further. But when you start participating and try to answer others' questions is when you truly learn the program to its nth degree.