Problem with plotting

VBoss

Hi, can someone help me? I cant find solution for my polyline plotting problem, because I cant really define it, so google wont give me proper answer.

I have made object by joining polyline and part of a circle, which I turned into polyline by using pedit. But when I try to plot it to pdf it shows as slightly offset combination of elements.

Picture:

288.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PetterVitestam

• Tiger

• tmelancon

• VBoss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your thread got moderated because you included a link. You can upload images directly to this site instead.

Unless you object and give reason not to, I will have your second account (Vbos) removed.

OK, this one appears to be a plotting driver issue specifically with the definition of arcs. What Plotter/ Plotter driver are you using in AutoCAD?

OK, this one appears to be a plotting driver issue specifically with the definition of arcs. What Plotter/ Plotter driver are you using in AutoCAD?

I am using stock dwg to pdf plotter (acad 2012). As for driver I`m not sure. Although now I downloaded a different pdf plotter from internet (PDF Creator), which actually solved this problem, so it probably had something to do with configuration or drivers

Well, that is odd... If you were using the DWG to PDF, that's the Plotter Driver and it should be fine - I haven't heard of any issues like that before (but all our computers down here are hanging upside down).

One thing to watch will be your PDF size that the particular driver produces. Some PDF drivers will convert everything to dots (raster graphics) which can produce a huge PDF which costs you in internet connection for sending and receiving. The good ones (like the DWG to PDF and adobe) will keep the Lines, circles and text as those types of objects (vector graphics) which keeps the PDFs much smaller and also allows you to import them into autocad and trace them pretty accurately...

I'd retry the DWG to PDF to see if the new driver has 'frightened' it into working properly...

Well, that is odd... If you were using the DWG to PDF, that's the Plotter Driver and it should be fine - I haven't heard of any issues like that before (but all our computers down here are hanging upside down).

One thing to watch will be your PDF size that the particular driver produces. Some PDF drivers will convert everything to dots (raster graphics) which can produce a huge PDF which costs you in internet connection for sending and receiving. The good ones (like the DWG to PDF and adobe) will keep the Lines, circles and text as those types of objects (vector graphics) which keeps the PDFs much smaller and also allows you to import them into autocad and trace them pretty accurately...

I'd retry the DWG to PDF to see if the new driver has 'frightened' it into working properly...

Nope, its a very brave driver, can`t be frightened so easily. But that's ok, I can just use the new driver. And if anyone is having similar problems as I had, that is one way to solve it (not sure if the best one). So thank you for your help, I will be moving on now :)

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive this old thread but I am having this problem as well when using Dwg to PDF.pc3-plotter. Arcs get offset.

I first experienced it a year ago on a Mac so I thought the Mac version was bugged but now I am experiencing it on a Windows 7 AutoCAD 2010 LT version as well.

Adobe PDF works fine, but DWG to PDF offsets all arcs like in the image in the OP.

does the DWGtoPDF work? That is, not DWGtoPDF.pc3, just DWGtoPDF ?

Hm... I don't have one! I have my real printers, Fax and Adobe PDF as "printers" and then I have DWGtoPDF.pc3 among other .pc3. Is DWGtoPDF something I need to install as a seperate application?

Hm. Perhaps I was too hasty in my reply - I can't find a DWGtoPDF in my list either.

My thought was that sinca a pc3-file is a specific plot-file for AutoCAD only, you should be able to delete the pc3-file that doesn't work, and create a new one that does work.

This is based on the previous discussion in this thread, that it is a faulty driver that causes this.

You could try to delete the PC3-file (not from within AutoCAD, go to the folder where it is stored) and then use the Add a Plotter-wizard (instructions HERE ) to create a new DwGtoPDF-pc3 file - perhaps that will clear it up.

Hm. Perhaps I was too hasty in my reply - I can't find a DWGtoPDF in my list either.

My thought was that sinca a pc3-file is a specific plot-file for AutoCAD only, you should be able to delete the pc3-file that doesn't work, and create a new one that does work.

This is based on the previous discussion in this thread, that it is a faulty driver that causes this.

You could try to delete the PC3-file (not from within AutoCAD, go to the folder where it is stored) and then use the Add a Plotter-wizard (instructions HERE ) to create a new DwGtoPDF-pc3 file - perhaps that will clear it up.

Haha odd! I made a copy of the original DWGtoPDF.pc3-file and then created a new using the wizard, and now both work as they should, even the copied file! I hate it when things solve themselves like this, and you don't figure out exactly what was wrong. Thank you for your help.

Haha odd! I made a copy of the original DWGtoPDF.pc3-file and then created a new using the wizard, and now both work as they should, even the copied file! I hate it when things solve themselves like this, and you don't figure out exactly what was wrong. Thank you for your help.

Scratch that, it still doesn't work. The arcs in the test image I plotted must have been too large for me to notice that the problem was still there. I tried with a file I am working on an it offsets the arcs. I might add that it seems to be a fixed value, like 1 pt or something like that, since the effect is much more noticable on small arcs.

ah. I am out of ideas. Since it is a autocad-plot-file - perhaps a Repair of AutoCAD will help? Use Add and Remove Program to access the RePair-option. Or if you can use another PDF-printer? Do you have a collegue with a PC3-file that works, can you try that?

• 1 month later...
Can you attach the .dwg so maybe we can test on our end?

Yeah sure, sorry about the slow response. I've attached some images as well as the resulting PDF and the file. The plotter is DWG to PDF p.pc3 because I made a new one using the Add-A-Plotter Wizard, as suggested earlier in this thread, but it didn't solve the problem.

And I may repeat that I can solve this problem by using the Adobe PDF-plotter, but there are certain aspects when it comes to plotting large jpeg-files that makes me prefer the DWG to PDF-plotter.

Arcs offset file.dwg

Arc image.jpg

Arc offset settings.jpg

Arc offset.pdf

Here is a PDF that I created on my end of your exact drawing that you attached. Seems to be fine. Keep in mind also, my VIEWRES is 20000 not 0. This may also be your problem.

[ATTACH]47317[/ATTACH]

Tried to change the viewres, didn't help. Could you upload your DWG to PDF.pc3 file?

I did not use the DWG to PDF.pc3 file. I used the Adobe PDF plotter that comes with the program. However, I did try to upload the .pc3 file and it kept saying invalid.