Problem with plotting

VBoss

I did not use the DWG to PDF.pc3 file. I used the Adobe PDF plotter that comes with the program. However, I did try to upload the .pc3 file and it kept saying invalid.
put it in a zip file.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PetterVitestam

• Tiger

• tmelancon

• VBoss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did not use the DWG to PDF.pc3 file. I used the Adobe PDF plotter that comes with the program. However, I did try to upload the .pc3 file and it kept saying invalid.

That explains it then. I can get it to work with the Adobe PDF plotter as well, this problem only occurs when using the DWG to PDF-plotter. However I want to use this plotter because I had some troubles with plotting very large jpeg-images using the Adobe PDF-plotter.

Hey Petter sorry for the delayed response. Here is the zip with the .pc3 that you requested. I used both ADOBE PDF and this DWG to PDF.pc3 and both plotted with no problems. Let me know something. Thanks

DWG To PDF.zip

Wow, this is really frustrating. I downloaded an tried with your Dwg to PDF.pc3-file... same result... Are you sure you are not experiencing this as well? Its only a slight offset, so its most visible if you plot something very small and thin, and then zoom in to see it.

Of course you could argue that since its so small it doesn't really make a difference but if you have multiple arcs everything looks jagged and messed up.

I'd like to do a final test before I surrender, and that is that you upload a file that you have been able to print correctly, perhaphs it is some document setting, som variable or something that messes things up.arc offsetagain.jpg

A couple of points. In your first posted drawing, the arcs were not tangential. So when you offset an arc and a line, there will be a gap/ overlap at the junction. You should check that they join properly (by filletting).

The other point is that the zoom factor shown is about 2000% (or more). Usually one views PDFs at natural scale without any magnification.

Well, I haven't offset anything, I've drawn polylines and arcs that snap exactly to each others ends, and in the AutoCAD-document I am sure there aren't any gaps.

Second, the problem persists even thought it is not as obviously noticable if you are more zoomed out, take this drawing for example where the problem is quite visible even when viewed at 100% and especially when printed.

arc visible.jpg

OK I was probably getting bewildered when you were talking about offsets instead of displacements.

The attached image is of your posted drawing plotted to PDF using DWG Trueview and magnified to 6400%.

NoDisplacement.jpg

Oh my! (the old bring the car into the autoshop and the problem dissappears rigamaroo) I just created a pdf with the same plot setting .pc3 and low and behold it is now making a liar out of me!! I will continue diligently to investigate and resolve.