Falling grain simulation

rogle

Hi

Im currently in the process of doing an animation which will show an empty barn being filled up with grain (wheat, barley e.t.c). I want to show the grain falling from a top conveyor to the ground then forming a pile. I am assuming the best method to acheive this is to use particle flow but I am abit unsure as I havnt been using max that long. I wondered if this is the best way and if so are there any pointers or tutorials I should be looking at thanx :)

P.s. I am not intending to completly fill the barn using this method as it will be too time consuming so I will probly do some sort of fade animation which will show the grain pile at different stages

• 3 weeks later...

I tried that tutorial, rogle and it worked brilliantly. I used a superspray particle system instead of snow so I could define what my falling particles look like.

I'd love to know of other ways to achieve this though Raudel, so if you could dig up your files that'd be helpful :)