• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• jacks

• tzframpton

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, those specs aren't all that bad. I do BIM modeling on huge 3D files and I'm running a Core 2 Duo 8400, 8GB RAM, with a Radeon 3600 series gaming GPU. I do just fine although it's definitely time for an upgrade.

Jeez you drive a hard bargain. I was basing it on running Inventor. Last upgrade: sunny day in Feb when the temp goes above 32 deg.

I will put large scale Revit MEP working files up against Inventor files any day when it comes to performance hits.

Thanks for all the help. Hopefully this thread will be specific enough to help out other (new) people. Ended up going price match crazy. $500 got me a i5 2500k, gigabyte (z68) mobo, 4gb corsair vengeance ram, 1 seagate hd (64mb cache), saphire 6570 1g video card, patriot wireless usb. Hoping to resuse the 600w psu and case from old system. Haven't powered up yet, but have been told that is the only thing that works :) Apparently no one noticed the vents being completely clogged up and it was running for a week straight before died. Planning on saving $100 on windows. Since his box has an oem copy of xp, just going to reuse that.

Congrats, that a great upgrade at a great price. I recently upgraded a work system which had a 1st gen phenom that was feeling its age. Chucked in a i5 2500k + Coolermaster hyper212, Asus Z68-V, 8GB Gskill Ripjaws, 64GB Crucial M4 SSD. Reused everything else. Used acronis to clone the drive over and boy is that system snappy now.