• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jafooli

• ReMark

• nestly

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok thanks Remark, my working day is almost up so will try it first thing tomorrow, Thanks again for all your help, will no doubt speak tomorrow. Take care

I tried a couple different things, and I'm not confident any will actually help. I'm probably out of ideas, hopefully ReMark, or one of the others that are more familiar with splines can help resolve your problem.

Splines to 2D Polylines with PEDIT

Splines to 2D Polylines with PEDIT, then to Lightweight polylines with CONVERTPOLY

Splines and 3D Polylines to 2D Polylines with FLATTEN (I had poor results)

I'm not really sure what to do with the "ISP2" part, those are 3D Polylines and neither PEDIT nor CONVERTPOLY work.

new block-nestly.dwg

funny enough msasu no it does not, only end to end

I would be puzzled if it would stop at middle – seems legitimate to stop on vertexes. To my knowledge there is no AutoCAD entity to resemble a curve without vertexes or control points (only start and end).

Regards,

Mircea

Yeah, you're right. One of us bad boys of CAD might want to steal it and start a rival company just to put your's out of business. That's why we hang around here all day. LoL This is a joke for those of you with no humor gene.

'Hell's Angles'. :beer:

I've never had the urge to steal another company's logo though. One would have to be pretty desperate to stoop that low but I guess it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

My point was that the majority of us (99.9999%) are here to help solve problems not steal content.

I took a long look at what I created yesterday and I have to admit that I failed. The resultant geometry after the splines were flattened is terrible. My apologies.

I took a long look at what I created yesterday and I have to admit that I failed. The resultant geometry after the splines were flattened is terrible. My apologies.

The FLATTEN command is terrible for complex curves, shockingly bad.

I'm not really sure what to do with the "ISP²" part, those are 3D Polylines and neither PEDIT nor CONVERTPOLY work.

I had fair results using the Boundary command, though the S and ² act very strange, no matter what.

I exploded every thing till nothing left to explode, ran overkill a few times then PEDIT>M>Join until ended up with quite a large fuzz factor (10000).

The white is the BOUNDARY results.

Edited by SLW210