complete plans w/dimensions

killerbytes

can somebody give me some of your old office projects. I am practicing my autocad skills and I am planning to apply as autocad operator in Dubai. Thanks.

Thta's a pretty tall order don't you think? And coming as your second post too. Gutsy.

What are the requirements to be a CAD operator in Dubai? What company are you applying for a position in? I assume this is an entry level position?

can somebody give me some of your old office projects. I am practicing my autocad skills and I am planning to apply as autocad operator in Dubai. Thanks.

All I can do is smile at this one at the moment.:)

Cant google do any good? or did google lead you here. :wink:

An application for a position as CAD Operator in Dubai requires you to already be a proficient Draftsman. Maybe its better to gain some more practice by working locally, and from working you could procure your own Office Files as needed for a good resume or portfolio.

coz you know, as remark has stated,,, that is a gutsy move.

no offence

Doesn't AutoCAD have a sample office drawing you can practice with? Or come up with one of your own. Do it start to finish as though you were drawing it up for a client.

Autocad samples is sufficient. What I need is real office work to practice my skills.

you said it....what you need is "real office work"....get you sum

I sort of doubt that any company would willingly give away their office plans nor would I expect any architect or architectural CAD tech to do the same. Have you tried over at the CAD Block Exchange Network? Maybe someone has posted an office drawing as a block for download.

One other source would be your local building department. You probably have knowledge of an office building in your area that would interest you. Go into the building department and request a copy of a set of drawings. They'll most likely ask "What for?" but I see no reason why they wouldn't do it. There will be a cost however. Municipalities just don't give these things away for free you know. A blueline copy might run you $1 to $2.50 per sheet. Don't pick a 50 story building unless you have a fat wallet.

a simple search on google images will reveal a multitude of results....not to mention there are countless tutorials online that involve real life scenerios..all available for download...

....and none of those will get anyone here fired :D

our clients pay somewhere in the range of 15-85k for their home plans. I cannnot just willy nilly hand them out to anyone.... it would cost me my job.

Your best bet is to find some house you like the look of online, and try to design a floor plan around that. That way you get your head around the design of the building, since more and more Draftsman are being thrown into the position of doing design as well as normal red line work.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

find a local job for you to learn, coz expirience is the best teacher, theres always a principle behind those drawings, they are not just created with those lines and dimensions.

thats the best way or i think is your only choice. peace out!

• 1 year later...