Anyone here running autosketch or quickcad?

janwei

Hi!

Is anyone here running autosketch or quickcad? I got a few drawings i made on draffix a couple of month ago. I saved them as .cad files and now i have the problem that i can't open them anymore.

I am not a profesional cad worker and i am using demo versions only, nevertheless i don't want to draw these files again.

Can anyone convert a few(5) .cad files to .dwg for me?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• janwei

• tzframpton

• ABuckingham

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a guy selling QuickCAD 7 Millenium Edition on eBay. There are no bids yet. Starting bid price is $1.04. The auction ends in 2 days 8 hours. Shipping is $11 approximately. Bid $10 and see what happens. Maybe he would be willing to take it. You never know. No reserve as far as I can tell.

There's a guy selling QuickCAD 7 Millenium Edition on eBay. There are no bids yet. Starting bid price is $1.04. The auction ends in 2 days 8 hours. Shipping is $11 approximately. Bid $10 and see what happens. Maybe he would be willing to take it. You never know. No reserve as far as I can tell.

Actualy i don't want to buy a software. I am out of money anyway and i'd just need for converting the files.

Can anyone help me out?

It was only another suggested option. Heck, if things are that bad I'll buy the software for you and have it shipped directly to your house instead of mine.

why don't you buy the software for me?

If the drawings have so little value that you're unwilling to shell out $10 for them, I'd recommend you just redraw them.

We do have a member who admitted to having AutoSketch9. He goes by the moniker architecture68-raff. He is also a forum member over at TheSwamp. Maybe if you ask him real nice he'd be willing to assist you. At this point I am all out of ideas and offers so I will bid you faretheewell fair maiden.

LOL.... and now you're asking for a handout? You must be voting for Obama (if you're from the USA that is) :lol:

You're assuming they're not already rich, in which case they'd be voting for McCain who's been tasked with providing handouts for the wealthy.... but perhaps we should stay on topic.

Yes, I know you need .dwg files it's just that there are different versions depending on what version of AutoCAD is being used. You cannot open a .dwg file created in AutoCAD 2009 (latest version) using AutoCAD 2000 or 2007 or Release 14 for example. So, someone might request that a file be "saved as" AutoCAD 2000 file format. Now .dwg files can be opened with viewers. These CAD drawing file viewers do NOT rely on having a working copy of AutoCAD. Anyone can use a viewer, open an AutoCAD .dwg file and print it.

Will you be using a viewer or maybe turning these files over to someone who uses AutoCAD? If the latter than we need to know what version of AutoCAD would be used.

Hey, I'm just trying to help here OK?

Yes, I know you need .dwg files it's just that there are different versions depending on what version of AutoCAD is being used. You cannot open a .dwg file created in AutoCAD 2009 (latest version) using AutoCAD 2000 or 2007 or Release 14 for example. So, someone might request that a file be "saved as" AutoCAD 2000 file format. Now .dwg files can be opened with viewers. These CAD drawing file viewers do NOT rely on having a working copy of AutoCAD. Anyone can use a viewer, open an AutoCAD .dwg file and print it.

Will you be using a viewer or maybe turning these files over to someone who uses AutoCAD? If the latter than we need to know what version of AutoCAD would be used.

Hey, I'm just trying to help here OK?

Actualy i don't know which file would be best. It's not a professional drawing. Just for giving someone a broad idea of what i mean. The file won't be edited any further.

It's just needed for a viewer.