What is the opposite of EXPLODE?

marlon

"The Explode command is used to "explode" single objects back to their constituent parts. In other words, the command is used to return blocks, polylines etc. (which may be composed of a number of component objects) back to their individual component parts. The change has no visible effect."

If I will draw a 2D rectangle using the LINE command only, which means there would be 4 individual lines, is there a command that will turn them into one single object, i.e. a polyline?

you have to turn them into Polylines first, type PEDIT, then M (for Multiple) and mark them and answer Yes to the question "Convert Lines and Arcs to polylines [Yes/No]?"

But why not draw them as Polylines from the start?

Otherwise, if they already are Polylines (or Lines that are completely parallell and..co-linear) you can use JOIN.

edit: Dang...only third.. but same minute all three of us :wink:

And at the wire it is ReMark (by a whisker), dbroada (second) and Tiger (third). Remember, it's not too late to place your bets for our next race coming up in ten minutes.

And at the wire it is ReMark (by a whisker), dbroada (second) and Tiger (third). Remember, it's not too late to place your bets for our next race coming up in ten minutes.
I'm glad we're all on CADTutor time. If we had been on local time ReMark would have been 5 hours ahead of me and I'd have been one hour ahead of Tiger. :?

I'm glad we're all on CADTutor time. If we had been on local time ReMark would have been 5 hours ahead of me and I'd have been one hour ahead of Tiger. :?

with tiger bringing up the rear, no thank you, you don't want a tiger nipping you in the heels now do you? :twisted:

you have to turn them into Polylines first, type PEDIT, then M (for Multiple) and mark them and answer Yes to the question "Convert Lines and Arcs to polylines [Yes/No]?"

Not if PEDITACCEPT is set to 1.

If I would answer this question then the answer it wil be IMPLODE!

I usualy draw over the single with pline then delete the single lines or sometimes use region!

I think Implode still sounds like something being deconstructed. How about Recombinate or Glue for a name of a command that does the exact opposite of Explode? Any other suggestions?

The action you take (glue, reconstruct,...) to get to the origanal state of an object after exploding is not the opposite of exploding its simply an undo or reverse! The opposite of explode is still implode.

for axample:

The opposite of turning right is turning left,

not go backwards to your neutral possition

The opposite of pushing is pulling,

not pushing then pulling back to the origanal possition!

This is just an answer to the question nothing more!

Yes, I see your point. But both terms, explode and implode, imply breaking (i.e. - destruction). The only thing that is different here is the direction (outward vs. inward). You haven't put anything together. See my point? Aren't we trying to reassemble the object as a single entity?

I know and I totaly agree with you,

The question is wrong here not the answer to it, The question should be somthing like this! Reverse action of explode or Recombine an Exploded object?

If I make a new thread asking the opposite of a few things like

Right : ???

Forward : ???

Black : ???

Suck : ???

Pay : ???

Wright : ???

Right : ???

the answers are obviouse right

what would you wright here?

Explode : ???

mewonder if the point of the word Explode is that it explodes OUT - in that case Implode is the opposite. If the point of the word Explode is to go to pieces then the opposite should be ...well, can't it be just just..not to explode? :? :oops:

I think Implode still sounds like something being deconstructed. How about Recombinate or Glue for a name of a command that does the exact opposite of Explode? Any other suggestions?

Perhaps the answer is DON'T :shock:

The process by which a building is demolished (with explosives) in a controlled manner is called implosion. Funny, when I look at the result I don't see how it is much different that an explosion except for the location and size of the debris pile. Pieces are pieces.

DON'T. I like that.