• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Oppie

• nestly

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I have a 64-bit version of AutoCAD 2013 running under a 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro.

What do you have?

32-bit version of AutoCAD 2013 running under a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Pro

Not sure why that should make a difference but I suppose it could have something to do with it.

You're also using a graphics card with 512MB of video RAM while mine has 2GB of video RAM.

I opened your drawing with AutoCAD2013 64bit on Win7 64bit and can confirm that some of your objects are not being displayed at their actual coordinates. LIST and ID commands disagree about where the solid(s) are actually located.

2013 has some serious bugs.... you should report this to Autodesk using the Feedback system and include a link to this thread in your report.

You're right. I have little use for them. Why do I need colored reminders for where I can manipulate my geometry? I graduated kindergarten a long time ago.

Grips are handles that allow instant manipulation of objects without the need to start a specific command. If you're not using them, you probably don't know what you're missing.

Here's a video that demonstrates the bug.

So AutoDesk is responsible for the phrase..."get a grip"? :lol:

I've opened a copy of the OP's drawing three times over two days and none of the geometry has moved on its own accord to a new location. I have even intentionally moved geometry, saved, closed then reopened the drawing and everything is right where I left it.:)

You guys aren't all smoking some weed by any chance? Objects in the mirror may appear to move of their own accord. Que Twilight Zone music here.:P

So you're saying that when you open the OP's drawing, the shelf divider shown in the video above is properly located in the shelf unit?

If on the other hand you're saying the divider is off to the left, but that's because the OP put it in the wrong place, check it's XYZ coordinates with LIST.

Maybe I'm missing something. So, let's start over.

I deleted the drawing I've been using/editing and downloaded the original file.

I have 2013 running and have opened the drawing.

This is what I currently see re: shelf divider. The divider is off to the left along with what appears to be a piece of trim.

What would you like me to do?

Maybe I'm missing something. So, let's start over.

What would you like me to do?

Select the divider and change it's height, width, or length by .1 units in Properties. Is it still off to the left, or did it "jump" a few hundred units to the right and "land" in the corresponding gap in the shelf unit?

I checked the divider's coordinates and got X=3479.88, Y=3793.36, Z=110.00.

I started the Line command and entered those coordinates. The start point of the line is off to the right. The line should be on the divider. Is this what you are referring to?

I soon as I changed the height of the divider in Properties it magically moved to the right.:o How did you guys do that?:? Did someone upload a different file?:shock:

Disclaimer: I have not smoked any weed this morning...............yet.:lol:

So now I go and start changing heights on other objects. Some move to new positions while others don't. Why is that?

How was this drawing created in the first place?

This drawing is possessed by a CAD Demon:twisted: and I think I need to do an exorcism immediately.:o Could it be corrupted?:unsure: Could this be a virus?:ouch: Whatever it is I don't want it.:shock:

I soon as I changed the height of the divider in Properties it magically moved to the right.:o How did you guys do that?

That's the point, we're not doing it, AutoCAD2013 has a bug/glitch that causes some solids to be displayed somewhere other than their actual coordinates. There are at least 3 such solids in the OP's drawing. Two are extrusions, but the divider is the the most primitive of all 3D objects, a simple "box"

And here I was going to move over today to 2013 to start on a 3D structural steel framing plan for a roof. Maybe I don't want to do that.:ouch: Maybe I better stick with 2012 for my 3D work instead.:)

Thank you guys for opening my eyes.:shock: I was blinded by the light! That's my defense and I'm sticking to it.:lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't advise using 2013 for production yet. There are a few bugs that can mess up your existing drawings if you save them with '13.

And here I was thinking 2013 might actually fix one persistent bug I've experienced with some of my 2D piping schematic drawings. Darn!

Well we're just talking 3D at the moment. No weird stuff like this with 2D is there? All I've been doing is playing with 2013 off and on for about a week. I have not started any new drawings using it nor have I edited and saved any old drawings with it.

Yes, there are problems with 2D as well, ie. 2013 will wreck your dynamic blocks that use visibility states.

Do you get any error messages when closing 2012 after installing 13?

Like this:

error.jpg