AutoCAD 2013 Bug ?!?!?

Oppie

Yes, I did but I thought I had something to do with another program I had just closed as well.

I really appreciate how "informative" that error message is.

Could it be the new logo for AutoCAD 2013 - The "Possessed" Version?:lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Oppie

• nestly

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone here on Subscription besides me? If so, have any of you submitted a tech support request regarding these anomalies?

Just popped back into 2013 and I notice that as my crosshairs move across the screen they "flicker". So I pop over to 2012 and move my crosshairs and they are smooth as butter. Anyone else see this same effect?

Nope, that error message is definitely caused by installing 2013. I get two of them consecutively now anytime I exit AutoCAD2011 or 2012. Never happened prior to installing '13

Yes, I'm on Subscription, and Yes, I've submitted a support request about the error message. Their only solution so far has been to un-install/re-install 2011 & 2012. I blew that off as it's clearly not a problem with my previous versions, it's a problem caused by installing '13. I'll just keep closing the warning messages and wait for an actual solution.

I suggest we do bombard them with support requests. Maybe we'll get a SP before August/September this year... :glare:

Maybe they should have skipped the number "13". I recall that Release 13 was also very problematic and a lot of people decided to wait for Release 14. History does indeed repeat itself.

Their only solution so far has been to un-install/re-install 2011 & 2012.

R U kiddin' me, I have a clean Install both Windows 7 Pro and AutoCAD 2013!

The last thing I want to do is start uninstalling then reinstalling previous releases too! Whoever, at AutoDesk, made that suggestion has rocks in their head.

The last thing I want to do is start uninstalling then reinstalling previous releases too! Whoever, at AutoDesk, made that suggestion has rocks in their head.

I got EIGHT emails from AutoDesk regarding the error message. The tech agreed that uninstalling/reinstalling all my previous versions was not a "proper solution" but maintained that they had not seen the problem before and the support team had no other suggestions. I even linked to the Autodesk forums where others had reported the same error messages after installing '13 ... they have yet to reply in that topic.

Rocks and marbles everywhere....

Oppie, the re-install suggestion was for the error message, not the problem you've pointed out in this thread.... but don't be too surprised if you get the same advice.

I just tried using the PressPull command in 2013 and it took three clicks before AutoCAD recognized the boundary created by the four lines I drew. The command also acts like it wants me to pick individual lines rather than just placing my crosshairs within and pulling. I'm going to have to test this again to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.

Yeah, multiple PRESSPULL was about the only feature I was looking forward to in '13..... Slow picking, and it pretty much fails for what I wanted....

Grips...rock. Arms...strain. Loose...footing. User falls to ground writhing in pain. 2013 plays dirty!

When was the last time a new install of AutoCAD messed with a prior release?

You're right. I have little use for them. Why do I need colored reminders for where I can manipulate my geometry? I graduated kindergarten a long time ago.

Do you have your GRIPS turned off? :shock:

Not because they remind you of the crush you had on your kindergarten teachers assistant?

You know you can make them as small and uncolorful as you want, without getting rid of them altogether?

Have you tried them since they have been majorly upgraded, what was that 2011?

I thought that Nestly had run away to join the circus, now I understand he has just been too busy debugging 2013 to drop in. Welcome back, keep up the good work. I've not had much opportunity to use it yet, and haven't noticed anything so untoward thus far. Strangely, as I am running 32bit Vista, which is not supported.

Yes, I normally operate with Grips turned off.

I feel this subject has a grip on me. But before I lose my grip I'll avail myself of a memory refresh.

Griping about grips. Gripping isn't it? Can't wait for the next installment of Coming to Grips with Grips. Stay tuned.