• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothal08

• ReMark

• nestly

• Dadgad

Here is the link....http://www.andysbestcad.com/architectural.htm.

I am responsible for a wide range of drawings including, but not limited to...

Architectural

Structural

Hydro-geologic

Electrical schematics

Process piping and instrumentation diagrams

Process block diagrams

Isometric piping diagrams

Tank fabrication drawings

Site plans

Process building layouts

I work in both 2D and 3D using plain AutoCAD for 90% of my work. I use AutoCAD Electrical as well.

I rarely if ever post examples of my work at CADTutor. I do however post images and sample drawings that may help to explain a concept, command or technique that a forum member is having specific trouble with. I think it is more helpful to the person to see something they are familiar with.

thats flipping awesome man...oh and ive made this awesome layout but how do i make a custom layout so i dnt have to make it every time???

i wanna study aeronautical engineering next year (university of Cape Town South Africa...i live in South Africa and u?)

When you start a new drawing in AutoCAD you utilize one of the default templates. You can take that template and add to it such things as your layers, title block and border, standard notes, load linetypes and fonts, etc. then save it as a template file (DWT file extension). This template can then be used in all new drawings. When you first go to save the drawing you do so to the DWG file extension so you do not overwrite your template file.

I live on the east coast of the United States in the state of Connecticut which is located in a region of the country called New England. I am about a two hours drive from New York City which is south west of where I live. I have a friend, a fellow CADTutor forum member, who also lives in South Africa so I am well aware of your country.

You have to be very smart to become an aeronautical engineer. Good luck in your endeavors.

haha just checking on gaming forums ppl think there lions in the streets and stuff they all think i live in a war zone lol...ok i see what u saying about the templates shweet im getting good at this...what time is it there??

It is now 4:35 PM. The sun is still out. The sky is clear and it very mild temperature wise (shirt sleeves).

My friend has a slightly less than favorable opinion about South Africa. I sense it has something to do with his present circumstances which I am not at liberty to share.

It has to be about 11:40 PM where you are right?

yeah and the mother is complaining because i aint in bed lol but ill carry on working 2moro ive made good progress...thanks for the help

ill post again soon for more help dnt worry:lol:

keep checking...cheers

ok im done with my layouts and scaling...so now when i print it should come out perfectly to scale??? (decimal...millimeters)

will it come out to scale???

also wanting to know the layers for a sectional elevation...like what coulours and line type for the different parts.

and how to copy a part and paste in a diff colour

Unless you work for an architectural company that has its own "standards" you are free to use whatever you want for layer names, colors and linetypes.

ok cool im come up with some layers and is there a roofing tool for my sectioned elevation with all the beams etc or will i have to draw that all manually???

What did I do wrong this time?:?

Absolutely nothing, masterfully done, you have motivated, elucidated and engaged the OP, with great patience. :)

It is so much more fun when it works out that way!

Oh I see...hmm so my earlier question if I print the drawing now and its on decimal millimeters will it print to metric scale...so if I measure the page it should be accurate??

Yes, it should be accurate as long as you followed the advice given.

You'll be telling AutoCAD that you are plotting from a Layout and the scale will be 1:1 (metric).

You will have to decide on whether to use a CTB or STB plot style.

Did you assign any lineweights via the Layer Properties Manager?